• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Recording gameplay

Eagle156

2[H]4U
Joined
Jan 21, 2006
Messages
2,242
What do you use for recording gameplay? I tried FRAPS but it gave me a huge FPS drop (which is strange since I have a C2D E6600) and the sound quality was horrible. Are there any other (free) alternatives?
 
Im not sure myself but I have a question for you about fraps. Did you buy the full version or is there a way to hack it?
 
Im not sure myself but I have a question for you about fraps. Did you buy the full version or is there a way to hack it?

Cant talk about stuff like that here, n00bie :I

Depends what game you're talking. If its a Source engine game, you can always record a demo, then go back and play back that demo while recording with fraps. There are also options of exporting your demo as an image sequence then using that to make a movie.
 
Set fraps to 1/2 resolution, make sure vsync is turned off in fraps. Set fraps to like 25fps. Those settings alone will make a big difference on a e6600. Also I noticed a big difference switching my temp recording drive from a 7200rpm to my raptor 10000rpm, no slow down at all with that.
 
if at all possible make sure fraps is recording to a hd that isnt set as either the windows/game install and doesnt have the pagefile on it. should help alot.
 
i use fraps (registered) on full size, 30 fps, with audio and no noticeable fps drop while recording in BF2,BF2142, CSS, Guild Wars, and the occasional UT2004..specs in sig
 
I dont want to flatout say you are lying... but on a 1.6ghz celeron with a 5400rpm HDD? seriously?
 
Srsly. I wouldn;t doubt it. Runs just great on my laptop. Fraps rocks
 
Back
Top