• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recording from case mic jack

GreatestOne

Limp Gawd
Joined
May 15, 2005
Messages
488
My top side/case audio panel does not work for recording only. The audio jack works on my headset (properly overrides the SB card), but the mic jack does NOT work for recording, on either a standalone mic or on the headset... here is more info and troubleshooting I have done:

First my hardware and software:

- Case (Thermaltake Armor Series VA8003BWS)
- MB (Abit IP35 Pro) (Software/drivers installed)
- CPU (Intel 3.16 Ghz)
- Sound card (SB Audigy ZS Platinum)
- Windows XP Pro SP3
- PC is clean of all malware and all updates are current

- I have tried both of the plugs into my MB, the AC97 and the Digital...
- Of course all sound options have been selected and set to the Realtek choices.... even there, I have tried the "HD Digital Input" AND the "HD Audio Input" and recording/audio volumes are all at least 90% high setting
- Recording DOES work when I plug it into my SB card in the back, so my recording hardware is fine
- When I plug in the mic into the recorder jack, Realtek software DOES recognize something having been plugged in, and I select "Mic" in the choice menu
- When I try to run a hardware test in Windows Sound Hardware Tester, it never detects the mic after it is plugged in there, so the mic cannot even be tested

Thanks guys and let me know if u need any more info……
 
You can't use them both at the same time to record, you have to tell Windows which one to record from at any given time. Seems you currently have your pc settings to record from the Creative card, and therefore will ignore the Realtek. Here are the instruction to change that in Windows XP:

Go to START, then click "Control Panel". Once there, go into "Sound and Audio Devices". Flip to the Audio tab, go to the drop-down menu labeled "Sound Recording", select the Realtek. Now, flip to the Voice tab, go to the "Voice Recording" drop-down menu, and again select the Realtek. Now just click OK, and you're all set. All your application will now record audio from the audio jacks in your motherboard, the Realtek. If you need to use the SB again, you need to switch it back, because it will only work with one at a time.

I hope that was what you were looking for, if not, I'm sorry. Anyways, good luck man.
 
You can't use them both at the same time to record, you have to tell Windows which one to record from at any given time. Seems you currently have your pc settings to record from the Creative card, and therefore will ignore the Realtek. Here are the instruction to change that in Windows XP:

Thanks for you time but as I stated in my second line about steps I have taken, all the basic stuff were taken care of.
 
If you don't need the Realtek audio, go to Hardware Manager and under Sound right click and disable Realtek sound.

I have the same motherboard, but disabling it doesn't affect my performance in anyway, I just don't like having the hassle in case a game or media app selects the wrong audio i/o channel.
 
Back
Top