Record what my speakers are playing?

jamezzz122

Supreme [H]ardness
Is there any program out there that can do this for me? I don't wanna record with a mic. I want like a "TiVo" for speakers. LOL. Thanks guys!

if you have more than 1 speaker output on your sound card just plug a audio patch cable from an audio out to the mic jack on your sound card. the cable is like $2 at radio shack, i can find a link if you need me to.

then just use the windows sound recorder to record the audio. then you can convert it to mp3 if you want to.

you can also use the patch cable to connect any device with a headphone jack to you computer (tv, cd player, mp3 player, radio, etc.) and record whatever is being out put by that device.

i do it all the time with my sirus satellite radio while i am playing games so i dont have to run winamp

Puterguru said:
That program doesn't record the sound from the Mic?

No. You don't need Audacity (although I'd reccomend it), you can actually use the Windows Sound Recorder... it doesn't matter...

Go to Volume Properties --> File --> Properties --> Select the "Recording" option, and make sure that Stereo Mix is selected. Click ok. Now select Stereo Mix as your recording device and close the Volume Properties... Fire up Audacity or your sound recorder of choice and record away.

compslckr said:
if you have more than 1 speaker output on your sound card just plug a audio patch cable from an audio out to the mic jack on your sound card. the cable is like $2 at radio shack, i can find a link if you need me to.

then just use the windows sound recorder to record the audio. then you can convert it to mp3 if you want to.

you can also use the patch cable to connect any device with a headphone jack to you computer (tv, cd player, mp3 player, radio, etc.) and record whatever is being out put by that device.

i do it all the time with my sirus satellite radio while i am playing games so i dont have to run winamp

I can use that 2 dollar cable to do all of those things?

Audiograbber can catch any stream. I think CDex can, too.

isnt there a record "what you hear" option or something? Im almost positive ive seen something along those lines before, but i cant remember exactly where it was. Does this ring a bell with anyone else? Might have been in the recording settings on my Audigy drivers.

I use Magicsifts Sound Capture to record sound from my sound card. It works great but I cant find the download on the web anywhere. If you want it I can e-mail it to you, it is less than 1MB.

mosin said:
Audiograbber can catch any stream. I think CDex can, too.

where is the setting for audiograbber to catch the stream? i only see the section for capture from the mic

rebelleader said:
I use Magicsifts Sound Capture to record sound from my sound card. It works great but I cant find the download on the web anywhere. If you want it I can e-mail it to you, it is less than 1MB.
I found it on Download.com, here is the Link

Thanks for the link. I did a google search and searched download.com for MagicSofts and the actual filename and came up with nothing.

rebelleader said:
Thanks for the link. I did a google search and searched download.com for MagicSofts and the actual filename and came up with nothing.
I've been using it now for the past 10 minutes. It works AWESOME! Thank you! :cool:

The Chosen One said:
isnt there a record "what you hear" option or something? Im almost positive ive seen something along those lines before, but i cant remember exactly where it was. Does this ring a bell with anyone else? Might have been in the recording settings on my Audigy drivers.
"what u hear" is one of the recording sources on creative's audigy cards (or at least mine, an audigy 2) as well as an analog mix

Back