Recommended Socket 939 Motherboards?

Refurbished, means it broke and they did a crappy job fixing it. =)

You can try it, but I would be happier with new stuff.

lol guess i drank to many beers, i didnt see the huge REFURBISHED even after looking it over for like 15 minutes..... thanks man

Anyone try out the MSI K8N neo2 Platinum yet? I've been seeing what it can do but have yet to push the envelope? For bang for the buck I figure you can't go wrong with one for $130. I got lucky and the place where I live near price scooped a competitor for me and sold a A64 3000 to me at cost (or so they said). Then again they kindo of owed me for a bait and switch that I caught... :rolleyes: Anyhoo what's everyone's opnion on this board? I read that it got good marks from the [H] so I jumped at it when I saw it... :D

Lord of Shadows said:
Refurbished, means it broke and they did a crappy job fixing it. =)

You can try it, but I would be happier with new stuff.

Or someone returned it...

chaosdragon259 said:
Anyone try out the MSI K8N neo2 Platinum yet? I've been seeing what it can do but have yet to push the envelope? For bang for the buck I figure you can't go wrong with one for $130. I got lucky and the place where I live near price scooped a competitor for me and sold a A64 3000 to me at cost (or so they said). Then again they kindo of owed me for a bait and switch that I caught... :rolleyes: Anyhoo what's everyone's opnion on this board? I read that it got good marks from the [H] so I jumped at it when I saw it... :D

heard nothing but good things about it.

lopoetve said:
Or someone returned it...
Stores dont resale stuff and call it refurbished unless it actually went to the manufacturer. Ive had nothing but bad experiences with refurbs as well.

chaosdragon259 said:

I love mine. Can't think of a better AGP Socket939 board.

Lord of Shadows said:
Stores dont resale stuff and call it refurbished unless it actually went to the manufacturer. Ive had nothing but bad experiences with refurbs as well.

Dell resells stuff all the time that has been returned, shipment refused, etc, as refurbished, even if its in perfect condition. I've had nothing but good luck with refurbed products :shrug:

Just got around to overclocking mine, 253 * 9.5 (wanted a nice clock freq) I was doing stock multipler and incrementing fsb by 10 each stress test, bluescreened at 230 * 11. Could probably get more out of it, but I dont want to stress my cheap heatsink any. (Not to mention im gpu limited with a 5900 ultra)

Load temp is 58c-60c ill get idle as soon as everything cools down.

/me doesnt want to get above 60c for some reason

Lord of Shadows said:
Just got around to overclocking mine, 253 * 9.5 (wanted a nice clock freq) I was doing stock multipler and incrementing fsb by 10 each stress test, bluescreened at 230 * 11. Could probably get more out of it, but I dont want to stress my cheap heatsink any. (Not to mention im gpu limited with a 5900 ultra)

Load temp is 58c-60c ill get idle as soon as everything cools down.

/me doesnt want to get above 60c for some reason

what ram, and are you running it synced with the FSB?

Its ddr500 pc4000 geil ram, just noticed in cpuz that it wasnt running 1:1 (ram was at 230 something) and when I went in to force it 1:1 it get some mem errors. Still have to play with it, im sure some voltage and/or timing changes will get it 1:1

Oh yeah it idles at 42c-44c, which I thought was kinda high. I assumed I put too much thermal paste (and believe me I did) reapplied it made about 2c dif at idle, but that could be just a dif in room temp or something.

Well, having trouble getting the ram to run 1:1 @ 253, tried all sort of timings voltage etc. Right now im 1:1 2.5 5 5 9 with a 230fsb and 10.5 multipler (stock voltage on everything), which is prime stable for 7 something hours before I stopped it. At 235 I lose stability with those timings, and cas 3 just looks ugly to me unless im running 250.

When I stopped prim95 this morning, (let it run all night, well which is 12:00pm - 7:00am, I need to get more sleep.) I didnt look at the temps, and left it alone for a while came back and was surprised to see a steady 39c idle. And while testing today I saw a max load temp of 57c. So putting less paste did help after all, I still cant get the cpu stable at 2500mhz, but it is comfortably cooler now.

Back