• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recommended PSU Wattage for this setup

Joined
Jun 17, 2005
Messages
962
AMD Athlon 64 3000+ Venice 1GHz FSB Socket 939 Processor
eVGA 256-P2-N518 Geforce 7800GT 256MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card 133-K8-NF41 Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI ATX AMD Motherboard
One 40 GIG Hard-Drive 7k RPM
One Basic CD-ROM Drive (not a burner)
2x 512 Memory Sticks PC3200

I have tried a couple but the eVGA website says that you need a 450 W PSU for the GT..I have seen other SLI setups with less than 450W...

What would you all suggest for a PSU and Wattage?
 
you won't need any thing about 480watts... the PSU you have there is fine...get the 480 true power if you want.

500w seasonic is nice as well..but the higher end of your price range.
 
timtheenchantor said:
0-130..

I was thinking this PSU:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817103931

It is SLI-Certified and I hear good things about Antec...this would be an ideal price for a certified psu on a budget machine right?

Are you planning on going SLI? At any rate that PSU would be fine, as would the Seasonic S12 500 or 600, Fortron BlueStorm maybe, NeoPower maybe, or the Enermax 535w for that setup(as would others but my preferences are for good quality units that are conservative in proportion to the setup for headroom in the future). And I would pass on the second one you posted.
 
Back
Top