Recommended fans?

atarumoroboshi18

Limp Gawd
Just wondering, what are the best fans out there at the moment? I've been out of the fan game for a while(purchased some nice 120mm ones from a user here) and was wondering which ones are the current tops with cooling and noise. Any recommendations?

Edit: Oh yeah, I'm asking this because I'm going to see about removing the fans that are currently in my case(Phanteks Evolv Shift) and replacing it with a couple better ones for better airflow. I've got a Gentle Typhoon and another one whose model escapes me right now.

There are so many things to consider when choosing a fan. Like case or RGB or maybe a radiator one day etc etc Generally you want all-around performer with High static pressure and CFM which are keys to success but then there is noise and what's comfortable for you. Generally speaking there are trade-offs when you combine all an individual wants, so I threw together a list which runs the gambit RGB no RGB cost no object and cost to performance leaders. I'll leave it to you to decide which is which.
(low RPM) 2000 RPM and below
Noctua NF-F12 industrialPPC-2000 PWM
Noctua NF-A12 PWM
Noctua NF-S12B Redux or S12A FLX
Corsair LL Series LL120
Corsair ML120
Thermaltake RIING or Ring+ 120mm
(High RPM) above 2000 RPM
Noctua NF-F12 industrialPPC-3000 PWM
Corsair Air Series SP120 High Static Pressure Fan
Corsair ML120 PRO
Be Quiet! BL070 Silentwings 3
EK-Furious
SERVO Nidec GentleTyphoon 120mm 2150
Cooler Master JetFlo 120

The Noctua NF-A12x25 bar none. Its the new GT fan, but with Noctua smoothness. Best part is they are wonderful as case fans, or on a rad, so they can be used anywhere in a system. Down side is they are pricey, however considering build quality I am assuming at least GT levels of reliability, which all of mine are still running that I got back when they were first released, which was what....like 8 years ago?

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Both have been installed on my computer, they're going to bring in the air while the other (already installed) fan removes it.

Using intake and exhaust case fans is like using push/pull fans on cooler or radiator. This 'stacking' of fans increases their pressure rating thus increasing their ability to overcome resistance. So if case has vents that are not too restrictive just using intake fans with a good pressure rating is all we need .. not much improvement in temps with fans in push/pull in our cases just like most coolers and radiators only being a degree or two cooler by using push/pull fans .. but stacking does increase their noise levels. ;)

If you want to move real air, and have real static pressure, go with 120x38s. They make almost everything else look like a toy. Especially Noctuas.

I have had good luck with Noctua, Corsair, and Noiseblocker fans in a few builds. Used to use some Scythe slip stream fans but i dont know if they still make them.

Running some ML120's push pull on a GTR 480 rad. Even at full blast they're really not noisy, though I have headphones on most of the time. The sound is more pleasant than running ball bearing fans at high speed.

Problem nicely solved.
With solid steady airflow into the case you have a nice fundamental baseline to measure the effectiveness of your cooling with.

Back