Recommended 140mm fans?

bpizzle1

Supreme [H]ardness
I accidentally broke one of the fan blades off one of my case's front intake fans while cleaning the case, so I figure it's a good excuse just to go ahead and replace both of the intakes. I'm looking for something with a good median between quiet and airflow. I don't have a massive OC to cool or anything, and since I'm currently in a small apartment, sound is at a premium. What would you guys recommend?

I was personally looking at:

Cougar 140mm

and

Corsair 140mm

The Corsairs are a bit more expensive than I was hoping for too.

If you have to weigh airflow against noise, here's a good graph :

Link

Those are 120mm, but 140mm designs are mostly scaled up versions, so the values would be a linear approximation of what the graph demonstrates.

It shows that the Corsair edges out the Cougar only at high rotation speeds. Otherwise it's a marginal difference.

The B-gears B-blaster fans boast pretty good specs, and reviews are generally good. Double-ball bearing design is similar to what is used in the Gentle Typhoons.

The cougar is famous for its grinding noise when mounted horizontally. I think that the corsar 140mm is overpriced. Thats a lot of money for a case fan.

I tried the B-gears B-blaster and I found it to be loud at lower speeds.

I like my Arctic cooling F14. I think that its a decent fan for the price. Its very quiet and pretty cheap.

Back