Recommendations on a test-bench

tory

Limp Gawd
I have been checking out test-benches and I have found a few I like and was seeing if I could get some feedback on those that have/used them.

Why Test-Bench over a Case? I like the openness of them. I currently have all my parts laying on my desk and would still like it to be open air but in a neater fashion.

the only problem with the benches I like are the lack of support for 3 120.3 rads Neatly.

My two favorites are

Dimastech Easy Dual V2.5

Microcool Banchetto 101

The Dimastech should support either 2 vertical on one side and 1 horizontal or vertical on the other, OR all 3 on one side Vertical which would be the neatest of the choices.

The banchetto can support 2 on the back and with some modding I should be able to add the 3rd somewhere.

External mounting for the rads is not an option, being as I want a pickit up and go option making Caselabs or Mountainmods cases out of the equation due to their size.

With all that being said would it just be easier to make my own?

Thanks in advance

I would not go with anything acrylic if your constantly changing parts or moving the box. It cracks and breaks super easy.

Alright well banchetto is out then. It was pushing the price cap and the Aluminum one is pushing $400 at most places..

Must agree on the acrylic. That stuff is not tolerant of constant use, or even just being moved around.

At a prior employer I set up a test lab using several benches made from a softer solid plastic, ABS or PVC maybe. They held up to a lot of use and abuse, but I don't rememeber the maker and I can't find them on the web. The design was very simple though, a basic box with a shelf for drives under the motherboard platform, which was hinged at the back. These were for quick setup/test/next though, no support for cards and minimal attachment for the mobo (which a lot of them were AT style, with some ATX, this was a few years back. ;) )

I'd build my own unless I needed dozens again. I guess that depends on the amount of tools and time you have available too though. Every once in a while I toy around with the idea of building one, and I think I'd just start with a case and cut away the un-needed parts.

Well I have the time, but tools are scarce. I have access to my uncles wood shop so if i did make one it would be out of wood which is no big, was just looking at all the options.

Back