• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recommendations for X2 AMD cooling.

hero123

Weaksauce
Joined
Aug 28, 2005
Messages
80
i am gonna get an X2 4400+, and i see alot of people have the XP-90s and all. i was about to get the ThermalTake Big Typhoon for my cpu, but after reading more, i heard the XP-90s and XP-120s are the best.

anyone gimme some info on the XPs and what are good combos (added fans or something) with it to drop cpu temps?

and also, how would u put the heat sink and fan together? o,O
 
I throughly recommend the Scythe Ninja cooler with a 120mm fan. It is brilliant. The reason why you don't hear much about it is because very few places actually sell it.

But it is by far and away the best cooler I've used (and this includes the XP-120).

Reasonably priced too.
 
If you are worried about actual performance and not the brilliance of a particular coller, then you should get an XP-90C with a fan that can do at least 50cfm. Also, some motherboards (like mine, Abit AN8 SLI) only require the bracket installation, and subsequent cpu changes/modifications can be carried out without having to take the motherboard out of the case, as the heatsink simply cilps onto the new bracket.
 
Good golly g!

That thing will sound like a hair dryer with that much air movement.

If noise is not an issue I guess, but even a case like the P180 would have significant noise with a fan moving 50C inside.

Remember silence is bliss ;)
 
50cfm on a 92mm fan isnt that much...

on an 80mm, yeah, thatll be loud as shit.
 
I just installed a 7700Cu and am fairly happy. At 2.6ghz and 1.45v, I am getting Prime temps of 54c with both cores loaded to the hilt. Yes, some say that is too hot, rubbish :) These cpu's are rated for up to 67c. I have a fairly warm ambient temp and a quiet case with slow spinning 120mm fans...I hate noisy computers!


It might go down a degree or two after the AS5 heat cycles a few times.....


BTW, that copper 7700 is heavy :p
 
Im getting an DFi Ultra sli-DR mobo, i dunno if the XPs are compatible or not, i was think of getting the XP120 and the 120mm DElta high speed fan which runs at 220CFM, but im not sure if the xp120 will fit with the other junk im gonna be having on the mobo.
 
hero123 said:
Im getting an DFi Ultra sli-DR mobo, i dunno if the XPs are compatible or not, i was think of getting the XP120 and the 120mm DElta high speed fan which runs at 220CFM, but im not sure if the xp120 will fit with the other junk im gonna be having on the mobo.


that fan is going to kill your ears.
 
DeaDLocK said:
I throughly recommend the Scythe Ninja cooler with a 120mm fan. It is brilliant. The reason why you don't hear much about it is because very few places actually sell it.

But it is by far and away the best cooler I've used (and this includes the XP-120).

Reasonably priced too.

I have to 2nd the Ninja. I've had great results using it with 1 and 2 120mm fans. Put a single TT Thunderblade on it, and you're good to go. Plenty of airflow, and despite the nay-sayers, these things are NOT loud at all. They're actually very quiet, unless I'm completely deaf :confused: By far the loudest part of my rig is the 2 very annoying 6600gt fans. These things have to go. Hopefully a w/c'd 7800gtx finds its way in my box real soon.
 
Back
Top