Recommendations for project management software

djgizmo

[H]ard|Gawd
I'm looking for some form of project management software. Open source is ok, but I don't mind paying for a good solution.

Requirements:
Easy to learn / intuitive interface. <<this is a must
Multiple user updatable. (web interface or internet connectivity) (should only have 4-5 users on the system at any given time)
Easy to setup / install
Light to no maintenance required
Ability to track time / man hours spent on a project.
Reporting ability

Anyone have any suggestions?

Ace, if you don't mind me asking... why do you recommend it?

Have you used it before? What is your experience with it?

I have used it in a software development environment. It is easy to setup, easy to create, assign, and track tasks. Very easy to track time and projects, and if you want to you can setup 'burn down charts' as to when the project is projected to be completed.

Microsoft Project is pretty nice. It's really the only one I've ever used.

Doesn't meet my first requirement - Collaboration.

Current versions allow this. Any material (videos, books, forums, etc) on project management that you find online will almost always revolve around MS Projects. It is like how most networking material you'll find online almost always ties in to Cisco hardware.

I recommend you to look into Latitude project management software, I had MS Project replaced with it since it's much easier to manage. It can do timesheets, job costing, track client-project information, quotes, invoices, billing and reports. I find it very friendly to use and maintain.

Toggl could be a good fit for logging and reporting on hours spent during the project. You'll still need to do your project estimations before the start of the project.

Back