Hi all.. I'm building a new rig and have dabbled a bit in the reviews of CPU coolers and cases to see what is out there, but was wondering if I could get some recommendations. Here's what I have so far:
> Antec Three Hundred Case
> Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Mobo (Ordered)
> Intel E8400 Core 2 Duo 3.0GHz CPU (Ordered)
> 4GB (2x2GB) OCZ DDR2-1066 RAM (Ordered)
> Gigabyte Radeon HD 4850 PCI Express 2.0 x16 Video Card
> BFG Tech ES-800 800W P/S
> Thermalright Ultra-120 Extreme
As far as the case goes, I'm torn between it and the Cooler Master Centurion 5. They both are super cheap and great cases from what I can tell, but which offers (from real-world experience) the best bang for the buck and stays cool, yet quiet? I'm thinking about replacing the Antec three speed fans w/ some quieter ones anyway if that makes a difference. Any other mid-tower case suggestions will definitely be considered if you can give me your setup and why you like it. Moving on..
For the CPU cooler, I've heard great things about the Ultra-120 extreme (of course), but was wondering if I would have any trouble sizing it up w/ this motherboard/case combo, especially if I add a 120mm fan.
Any suggestions, tips, or info would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
> Antec Three Hundred Case
> Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Mobo (Ordered)
> Intel E8400 Core 2 Duo 3.0GHz CPU (Ordered)
> 4GB (2x2GB) OCZ DDR2-1066 RAM (Ordered)
> Gigabyte Radeon HD 4850 PCI Express 2.0 x16 Video Card
> BFG Tech ES-800 800W P/S
> Thermalright Ultra-120 Extreme
As far as the case goes, I'm torn between it and the Cooler Master Centurion 5. They both are super cheap and great cases from what I can tell, but which offers (from real-world experience) the best bang for the buck and stays cool, yet quiet? I'm thinking about replacing the Antec three speed fans w/ some quieter ones anyway if that makes a difference. Any other mid-tower case suggestions will definitely be considered if you can give me your setup and why you like it. Moving on..
For the CPU cooler, I've heard great things about the Ultra-120 extreme (of course), but was wondering if I would have any trouble sizing it up w/ this motherboard/case combo, especially if I add a 120mm fan.
Any suggestions, tips, or info would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!