Recommendations for koolance mod

soytrejo

Limp Gawd
Joined
May 12, 2002
Messages
129
Hello, I have an older koolance cooling case with 5/16" fittings. I am going to get some reducing couplers from Mcmasters but I am not sure if I shoulder go for 1/2" or 3/8" ?? I plan-for now to continue with the existing water pump-low flow-trying to find exact specs. I also just plan on cooling the cpu at this time(1700tbred doing 2.1 ghz at 1.85v on air). Any recommendations would be appreciated. I am looking to get a TC-4 block.
thanks
Frank :D
 
If you intend to go with a low flow pump, stay with a low flow block. Zalman has a nice one, anything by one of those german manufacturers would work fine, Innovatek stuff wold be nice.

You wouldnt gain anything by going TC-4
 
For a Koolance system, you can't really do any better then the Koolance 200G WB!
If you really feel a need to mod the system, then do it with fans ! :)
Going to Panaflo fans in the 32cfm range can pick you up a degree or two in mode 2, and even allow you to run mode 3 with less noise than you had before in mode 2 !
 
Back
Top