recommendations for certifications?

darw_n

[H]ard|Gawd
I am desperatly looking to switch careers, going from service industry to tech...

I specifically want to get certified leaning towards support and hardware, maybe networks

I do not want to go web, graphics, or anything else like that

any suggestions from those who have experience? I hear alot of certs aren't even considered in the job market.

BTW, I am not going back to school, at least for a while ($$$), so I want to go the certification route

thanks

I figure you do know there is a techskills in your area. I mean a techschool, or if you are going toward the certification route.
Start out with the Comptia A+, next Network+, MCSA.

Beware of scams on ebay that show that you can get a certification in the mail with your name on it, if you bid on the auction, someone will mailout a genuine certificate with your name on it. This is truely wrong and that is not a way to get your certifications correctly. It just happens that people are finding an easy way and doing this to land themselves a job in the tech field.

I chose to go toward the vocational schools, because of the time and money, I didn't want to try computer sciences, because like college the classes have alot extra courses you don't need to graduate, but you have to take them.

Even if you have the certification, you don't know it all, like some people on this forum think. I have A+, and do I know it all, no I don't, but I am willing to ask a question when I need help.

To get the needed experience once you get the certifications, try places like IT consulting places, you start as a contract worker, work a few jobs here and there. But you get the experience needed to find a job.

Back