Frraksurred
2[H]4U
- Joined
- Jul 25, 2008
- Messages
- 2,751
I'm currently using the typical Logitech Z-5500 setup, but I'm ready for more. I have one 30" monitor with another on the way and a third to be added in January (I hope). My plan is to build a 5.1 system around them that could later be expanded to 7.1 with a couple more speakers. HDMI switching would be helpful, but not mandatory. I'll have a seperate system for Home Theatre and music (unless I can find one that can switch between two speaker systems and maintain sound integrity).
Anyway, I've been out of the game for a while and am curious what you would recommend for good "bang for the buck" bookself speakers and receiver. I've been a fan of Rotel in the past, but really cannot afford them. I've given some thought to Arcam, possibly even Denon if I have to keep it inexpensive. Again, this is mainly for gaming, so high end audio is not a must. That doesn't mean I do not want good sound, but I'm sure you know what I mean.
Speakers are really where I am at a loss. I'm not familiar with bookshelves at all. Should they be magnetically sealed? Is it better to go powered with a seperate decoder then an all-in-one amplifier? B&W's sound good, but are not very effecient. KEF's seem to be ok, but I've not heard their bookshelves. I've even thought of Energy's with a decent R series REL for lows... The point is I'm open to suggestions and input. This will be my first 5.1 for computer that is not "inabox". The sound card is an X-Fi btw. Any guidance you can lend would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Anyway, I've been out of the game for a while and am curious what you would recommend for good "bang for the buck" bookself speakers and receiver. I've been a fan of Rotel in the past, but really cannot afford them. I've given some thought to Arcam, possibly even Denon if I have to keep it inexpensive. Again, this is mainly for gaming, so high end audio is not a must. That doesn't mean I do not want good sound, but I'm sure you know what I mean.
Speakers are really where I am at a loss. I'm not familiar with bookshelves at all. Should they be magnetically sealed? Is it better to go powered with a seperate decoder then an all-in-one amplifier? B&W's sound good, but are not very effecient. KEF's seem to be ok, but I've not heard their bookshelves. I've even thought of Energy's with a decent R series REL for lows... The point is I'm open to suggestions and input. This will be my first 5.1 for computer that is not "inabox". The sound card is an X-Fi btw. Any guidance you can lend would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.