Recommendations for a decent laptop

QKSILVR73

Limp Gawd
Mainly just for browsing internet, no gaming except for facebook games the wife plays. Not looking to spend too much.

My current HP 2.10 GHz AMD Turion X2 RM-72 Dual-Core with 4gb ram has been slow to even facebook apps which are known to be resource hungry. reinstalling win7 after format doesn't seem to help.

sorry, looking for maybe one with 15-17 inch display. current laptop is a hp dv5 1125nr. seems to always running off hard drive even with apps off in background.

Just curious, why not a tablet? They are convenient for what you want to do. Facebook, browsing...

Just curious, why not a tablet? They are convenient for what you want to do. Facebook, browsing...

I like tablets, but much easier to use a keyboard to type on forums, pay bills, etc..

I know I could get a keyboard for it..:p

I have a Samsung I3 2350M laptop and am very happy with the matt screen and keyboard.
Got it because of price I found and lucked out. Samsung worth looking at.
Asus gets a lot of mention as a premium laptop.
I was looking at the Lenovo also. The business versions are reputed very good, consumer grade get mixed reviews/reccommendations.

Also youtube videos would be nice to play at 720p with out lagging the laptop out all the time LOL

Mainly just for browsing internet, no gaming except for facebook games the wife plays. Not looking to spend too much.

My current HP 2.10 GHz AMD Turion X2 RM-72 Dual-Core with 4gb ram has been slow to even facebook apps which are known to be resource hungry. reinstalling win7 after format doesn't seem to help.

I would just install an SSD drive and fresh install of your OS. I dont think the processor / ram is holding you back... As i am using a much older / slower laptop and dont have any issues running windows 8 32bit. 1.6ghz dual core with 1gb of ram here.

Last edited:
I would just install an SSD drive and fresh install of your OS. I dont think the processor / ram is holding you back... As i am using a much older / slower laptop and dont have any issues running windows 8 32bit. 1.6ghz dual core with 1gb of ram here.

tried installing a SSD in it OCZ Verex turbo and kept overheating the laptop during installation. May not be compatible. I didn't want to spend money on a new SSD if this would work. I think it's just had it. It's been dropped, had coffee spilled on it. repaired the lcd.

Back