Recommendations for 4870x2 cards?

Samury

Limp Gawd
Ignore my previous threads if anyone has seen them, since I'm buying a new comp.

I decided to dive right in and buy the best bang for the buck and go with a 4870x2. Right now I'm looking at the Sapphire version since it's the cheapest. Anybody have any problems/issues with that? Reviews have been good, with a higher than average 5-egg rating on newegg. So that looks good. The ASUS version has lots of fans, but apparently doesn't run any cooler, and takes up more room, and costs more, so I don't see any reason to go with it. I'll just change the fan performance and have done with it, if it comes to that.

Any other ideas/suggestions?

The only other thing would be the warranty.

I like the manufacturers that offer a lifetime warranty. For the AMD series of video cards, I only know of VisionTek that does this, but I'm a huge Nvidia fan, so I haven't done a lot of research on it. Asus is a great brand, and they offer something like a 3-year warranty. HIS and Sapphire I think are 1 or 2 year, but they could be 3.

XFX just announced their 4870X2. if its not too much more I would consider it for the warranty and customer service. Next would be HIS or Sapphire, this is just based of what I have heard others report though.

I have a Sapphire 4870x2, it works nice but I heard their customer service is horrible. I would have gotten Gigabyte instead back then but they didn't have any in stock.

Back