• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recommendations for 20" widescreen LCD?

mr_zen256

2[H]4U
Joined
Dec 29, 2005
Messages
2,659
Hi all, I am looking at getting a 20" widescreen LCD in a budget of $1200 NZ (works out at about $816 US). I have been looking at a few models on the Price Spy website to get an idea of cost. I will be using the monitor primarily for gaming and graphic design / illustration work. Would be great if I could get a few recommendations. Here's the 20" LCD monitor section of the pricespy website:

http://www.pricespy.co.nz/cat_5.html#g145

Note: I'm not nessicarily restricted to the models displayed on this site if there are better options.
 
Not inviting a flame war. I'm sure there are numerous good models to choose from but I've been very happy with the second HP f2105 I've tried. Great looks, great screen (when you get one you like), great color. I do lots of movies, web surfing and flight sim games. I've seen no ghosting in games (and I'm very sensitive to it), movies are excellent and the smaller dot pitch has really made for a great text experience. That being said I had to return the first (but it was a re-package from some previous return at Circuit City). No dead or stuck pixels on either of them.

My LCD history has been: dell 2001, Hyundai L90D+, and now this HP. It's been the best of the 3 by a longshot in my experience.
 
Thanks for your response Gyre. I have heard good things about both the HPs and the DELLs. I'll do a bit more research on these ones.
 
Back
Top