• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

recommendations for 1tb htpc hdd

extrafuzzyllama

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jul 29, 2010
Messages
303
Hi all I am building a htpc with a 64gb ssd as my main drive but for storage I am looking for a 1tb hdd
I was told to go for a 1tb Samsung spinpoint f3 over a Hitachi deskstar
But I am looking into the wd caviar green
But found a few variations of caviar green 1tb with models like wd10ears and wd10earx

Any help choosing would be appreciated
 
WD Greens have a mixed reputation.
An F3 1 or 1.5 TB or F4 2 TB should do very well. Price/ performance and reliability are very good.
 
The 16mb cache on f3 shouldn't matter right?

The HD103SJ has 32mb, amazon lists it wrong if that's where your seeing it.
I just ordered 3 from amazon myself to use as backup drives. I was contemplating sticking with WD Blacks (See my other thread) but decided to give these guys a try due to their price point, reviews, almost as fast as the Black, and general positive feedback I've seen on them.

I would never buy a WD Green again, I have 2, miserably slow even for movies, mp3, pic browsing.
 
Back
Top