[Recommendation] Web-interface for openindiana

kegler

Weaksauce
Joined
Jul 12, 2011
Messages
94
Im not talking about napp-it, im already using. Im looking for open-source app to allow user to access to zfs folders over the web via a web ui. Like a typical cloud storage.
Thanks in advance :p
 
Are you looking to administer the pools or just move data to/from the folders? If just looking to move to/from, use sftp over ssh for secure access and the GUI sftp app of your choice.
 
Are you looking to administer the pools or just move data to/from the folders? If just looking to move to/from, use sftp over ssh for secure access and the GUI sftp app of your choice.

More of browsing of file on my share folders with a webbrowser and able to read/write to the share folders
this may work... any SFTP server to recommend?
 
I think the OP is talking about something like Windows Home Server Remote Web Access.

I'd also be interested in a web-gui file browsing add-on.
 
Easiest way is to install xampp on OpenIndiana and use Apache webserver + an FTP server.
It is installable via the napp-it amp installer and you can browse your files then via Browser and upload via ftp or webdav.

more http://www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp-solaris.html

other option: one of the cloud packages, mostly based on a webserver too
 
Has anyone here installed Owncloud in OpenIndiana? I get "PHP module zip not installed." when I get it running in using XAMPP. From the research I have done it seems to have something to do with php not being compiled with php5-zip.
 
Last edited:
Has anyone here installed Owncloud in OpenIndiana? I get "PHP module zip not installed." when I get it running in using XAMPP.

I'm having the same problem with XAMPP 1.7.7 installed from napp-it on OpenIndiana. Does anyone have a fix or, alternatively, a successful install of Owncloud on OpenIndiana?
 
A couple of other possibilities are turn the box into an esxi all in one and install something like owncloud on that or simply run owncloud on a small external box and mount the zfs storage.
 
^^This if your computer supports it.

OpenIndiana is SUCH a pita that I purely use it for storage. I connect about 3 Ubuntu-based VMs to it over Cifs (since I have heavy NTFS permissions to secure data and NFS was hosing those). It makes it so much easier. Just make sure your chipset supports VT-D, and you can pass the RAID cards/HBAs directly to the OpenIndina VM.
 
Back
Top