• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Recommendation on new setup!

aznpxdd

2[H]4U
Joined
Jan 5, 2006
Messages
2,354
I'm planning on putting together new speaker/sound setup for my apartment next year and want some advices. This is going to be mainly for games and music, and I want to buy the parts separately instead of buying a set of speakers (ex. Logitech Z-5500's). Pretty much I want the setup for 50% music, 40% games and 10% movies.

I heard it's best to start off with 2.1 speakers with reciever, but since I not too into audio, I'm not too familiar with which speakers are good. Also, I'm planning on getting a new soundcard, probably a X-Fi XtremeMusic, so I want to make sure the reciever can be hooked up to it.

Don't really have a budget, just want to hear some recommendations with reasonable prices.

Any ideas and recommendation would be apprecaited.
 
is this going to be connected to your computer or is this going to be a seperate speaker system
 
Yeah it's going to be connected to my computer's Creative X-Fi.

Hmm..well for reasonable price, I would say no more than 500 for the parts I listed above.
 
Back
Top