• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

recommend TN display for < $200?

Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
11
I'm having a hard time finding a TN display for under $200 that is recommended on one site, but not trashed on another. I've been browsing ASUS TN's on newegg but there are so many that I'm a little overwhelmed.

I've been looking at this
$158 ASUS VH236H 23 Inch

Any recommendations? I'm running a 6950 2gb and looking for 22-24" < $200.
 
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
What exactly are you looking for apart from it being TN--resolution, inputs, etc.? That Asus sounds like it's right about what you're looking for, though you could take a small step down and get this for $100...
 
What exactly are you looking for apart from it being TN--resolution, inputs, etc.? That Asus sounds like it's right about what you're looking for, though you could take a small step down and get this for $100...

I was aiming for a 1900x1080/1900x1200 resolution. I believe the only input I need is the DVI connection. I'm primarily going to be using the machine for gaming.

Sorry for being a nub, thanks for your guys' help.
 
IMO, you have two choices:

ASUS VW246H - $199.99 shipped

ASUS VS248H-P - $179.99 shipped

Both are 24", 1080p, TN. Specs are largely similar with three differences;
-248H is glossy (the bezel, not the screen), while the H-P is matte
-248H has built-in speakers, H-P does not
-248H is CCFL backlight, while the H-P is LED.

IMO, you're not going to use the built-in speakers anyway, and the bezel shouldn't matter much (but if it did, I'd go with the matte due to fingerprints). However, LED > CCFL in most cases, so unless you're LED sensitive, get the cheaper H-P.
 
Back
Top