• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Recommend small desktop 2.0 speakers

MetalX

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Oct 6, 2003
Messages
4,705
Sub-$100 price range would be nice. These are for my desktop at work. It is not an office environment but more of a manufacturing type with a good bit of noise on the floor and I'm sick and tired of listening to other people's shitty Shinedown/Nickelback nonsense. I want to rock the house with some Grateful Dead and I want some decent speakers with good reproduction. I'll be using a crappy onboard sound on a Dell PC and I would like for these to be pretty small. Bass isn't an issue at all.


Also I see the other thread with a similar request but his budget is $100-200 and I do not want to spend that much on speakers for work that I will never be able to crank up.
 
Rock the house in that context was more speaking of the source rather than the speakers, thanks for the recommendations.
 
In addition to the above recommendations (very nice suggestions).

I've heard good things about the M-AUDIO AV 30s, which can be had for $100. These are a cut-down version of the widely-loved AV 40 speakers.

You actually have a lot of choices since you're willing to spend $100. We would have told you to go packing if you came on here with a budget of $50 or so :)
 
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Hmm, I didn't even know M-Audio offered an AV30. I thought it went straight from the AV40's to the way-to-small AV20's. Good to know.
 
Back
Top