• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recommend NAS

RexPokinghorn

2[H]4U
Joined
Aug 2, 2001
Messages
3,055
I'm looking for a decent Network Attached Storage enclosure that will hold 4 SATA drives. Would prefer one with gigabit connection. I searched NewEgg, but their offerings seems a bit weak :(

I'm new to this, so any recommended reading is also appreciated!
 
What's up, Rex? :D

The Infrant NV+ is getting great reviews. I haven't used one myself, but I've been keeping track of NAS reviews for a while now, and Infrant seems to be very well received by reviewers. The NV+ is what I plan to eventually get when I'm ready to go the NAS route. Anandtech has a NAS roundup where the NV+ ended up as the winner in their "Home" category (as opposed to "Business" category).
 
MentatYP said:
What's up, Rex? :D

The Infrant NV+ is getting great reviews. I haven't used one myself, but I've been keeping track of NAS reviews for a while now, and Infrant seems to be very well received by reviewers. The NV+ is what I plan to eventually get when I'm ready to go the NAS route. Anandtech has a NAS roundup where the NV+ ended up as the winner in their "Home" category (as opposed to "Business" category).
Sup dude :D

I accidentally deleted the last PM you sent me, but I can't believe I didn't consider reinstalling the game as an option :eek: Glad it's all worked out :)
 
I have a QNAP TS-201 that is quite nice.

They have a 4 drive version, the TS-401.

I'm not sure the TS-401 has the media server, so if that is important look into that carefully.

-Larry
 
MentatYP said:
What's up, Rex? :D

The Infrant NV+ is getting great reviews. I haven't used one myself, but I've been keeping track of NAS reviews for a while now, and Infrant seems to be very well received by reviewers. The NV+ is what I plan to eventually get when I'm ready to go the NAS route. Anandtech has a NAS roundup where the NV+ ended up as the winner in their "Home" category (as opposed to "Business" category).

Thanks for posting that link. I've been looking to pick one of those up and that pretty much sealed the deal for me.
 
Back
Top