Recommend me.

jcll2002

2[H]4U
Can you guys reccommend me a wc system that will cool my chipset (if possible), gpu, and cpu? I would obvioulsy like to keep it as cheap as possible. The specs of my rig are on my sig.

Also, i might go sli later so i dont know how that will affect reccommendations.

I do have one question though, if i do get wc now, will i be able to use it ~2 years from now with quad core, a different cpu (obvioulsy), mobo (chipset), and gpu?

jcll2002 said:
Can you guys reccommend me a wc system that will cool my chipset (if possible), gpu, and cpu? I would obvioulsy like to keep it as cheap as possible. The specs of my rig are on my sig.

Also, i might go sli later so i dont know how that will affect reccommendations.

I do have one question though, if i do get wc now, will i be able to use it ~2 years from now with quad core, a different cpu (obvioulsy), mobo (chipset), and gpu?
What's your budget? How's your case airflow? Are you going quiet, performance, or a mix of the two? What's your experience level?

As far as the last is concerned, it will depend on the components. MOst companies offer "update" mounting plates for a generation, if it's not too far out.

BTW, H2o cooling your chipset is usually a waste. A high performance air cooler generally does a good enough job and doesn't add additional restricion/heat to your loop. If you can fit it, go air.

My experience with WC is 0... So, I dont know what the budget would be. I would like to stay <$200 if thats possible. I am going for a mix of quietness and performance.

If you've already got a Zalman 9500, and good airflow, you might not want to go water at this point. You've invested a good amount of money in your air cooling and it probably performs pretty well.

If you're wanting to achieve a huge difference than your air right now, you will have to get a pretty good setup. One of the best external units right now is the Corsair Nautilus (around $200, may not be much better than your air); the best internal 'kit' is probably the Swiftech Apex Ultra(around $250?).

jab-tech generally has a decent selection and great prices, frozencpu has a great selection and high prices. Check out those sites.

Hope that helps.

yeah, i guess youre right. The loudness is really pissing me off, but i guess Ill just replace the heat sink on the 7900gt and the chipset fan.

Zalman makes a really nice chipset cooler; it's tall so it won't work on every mobo but it cools well passively.

You could also look at the zalman coolers for the gpu, but keep in mind that sli setup as you consider it.

IMHO, you'll need watercooling for quad cores; my watercooling can hardly keep up with my dual prescott :eek:

troisanh said:
That zalman should work fine for single gpu, not sure if you have room with the ultra-d in SLI though, sorry not xp there.
http://svcompucycle.stores.yahoo.net/vc-re.html
If you want to replace chipset fan, got 1 on my expert board and fits fine on ultra-d also. GL man.

I just put one of those on my SLI-D cause the DFI fan crapped out. This thing runs much slower rpm because its copper and cools much better. Its also pretty darn cheap. WAY cheaper and less hassle than watercooling the chipset.

Back