Recommend me some more good PS2 games

neoreturns

[H]ard|Gawd
I've recently dusted off the PS2 again in anticipation of GTA:SA, and have been playing it more and more (with not too much to play on PC). So far I've got:

SSX3
Tony Hawk Underground
Tony Hawk 3
Tony Hawk 4
GTA3
GTA: Vice City
Gran Turismo 3
Final Fantasy X
Kingdom Hearts
Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX
Katamari Demacy (holy shit this is fun)
Silent Hill 3
Ico
Tokyo Extreme Racer 0
Tekken Tag Tournament

I'm really into any genre, so recommend me some more good games :)

Metal Gear Solid
Ace Combat 4
Devil May Cry
Splinter cell
Prince of persia
Nba Street

Circuitbreaker8 said:
Xbox

<.<

>.>

Or wait for MGS 3 and GT4, only reason why ps2 is still here :D

Hahaha Xbox has no good RPGs, terrible game lineup

PS thanks for the completely worthless post

I was going to suggest Katamari Damacy but I see you have it already. :D
For some nice Dungeon crawling fun I like to play the Dot Hack games, The Thing is good too, Zone of the Enders, Metal Gear, Fatal Frame 1 & 2 :eek:, Armored Core series (3 is good) and I've been playing an Okage: Shadow King and kind of like it. Also I had fun with AvP too. I'm also hearing that Phantom Bravo is good so I'm going to pick that up. Same for Guilty Gear X2, Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne and Shadow Hearts Covenant.
Have you played SH 4 yet?

CrimandEvil said:
I was going to suggest Katamari Damacy but I see you have it already. :D
For some nice Dungeon crawling fun I like to play the Dot Hack games, The Thing is good too, Zone of the Enders, Metal Gear, Fatal Frame 1 & 2 :eek:, Armored Core series (3 is good) and I've been playing an Okage: Shadow King and kind of like it. Also I had fun with AvP too.
Have you played SH 4 yet?

I haven't heard of many of the games on your list. I didnt really like The Thing, and I heard the .hack games are pretty boring?

And I did play ZOE and I will probably get the second one. And I am most definetly going to get SH4, since I loved 3. How is SH2?

neoreturns said:
Hahaha Xbox has no good RPGs, terrible game lineup

PS thanks for the completely worthless post

lol terrible game line up? Maybe for RPG's but it has better games in everything else this year.

Next to the first SH (which I can never play again since it borked my memory card - scary) the second was the only other SH game to really scary the hell out of me, it was pretty good. :)

Yeah .Hack can get pretty repetitive but other then that I really liked the story.

If anything get the Fatal Frame games, those scared me like the first two SH games. Okage is pretty little hearted and fun too.

Circuitbreaker8 said:
lol terrible game line up? Maybe for RPG's but it has better games in everything else this year.

I'll just disagree. I have a modded Xbox and the only games I play on it are Burnout 3 (not an exclusive) and beat Fable in a weekend.

CrimandEvil said:
Next to the first SH (which I can never play again since it borked my memory card - scary) the second was the only other SH game to really scary the hell out of me, it was pretty good. :)

Yeah .Hack can get pretty repetitive but other then that I really liked the story.

If anything get the Fatal Frame games, those scared me like the first two SH games. Okage is pretty little hearted and fun too.

You didnt happen to play Xenosaga did you? Because it is from the dev team that made Xenogears (one of my favorite rpgs).

And I've heard its very well done and story driven as well

metal gear solid 2 is very good, i have also been looking at rachet and clank games, those are supposed to be very good.

neoreturns said:
You didnt happen to play Xenosaga did you? Because it is from the dev team that made Xenogears (one of my favorite rpgs).

And I've heard its very well done and story driven as well
I'm waiting for my little brother's friend to finish it. :rolleyes: That guy takes forever, lol. But yeah that's one I really want to get but haven't seen it show up at the local game store used yet. Some other games:
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/236674.asp
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/241955.asp

Also the guys that made Disgaea also made another great game but the name escapes me right now anyways that another one to pick up.

I'm interested in seeing how this one turns out

Star Ocean 3 is sure to keep you busy. Those guys at Tri-ace are geniuses.

CrimandEvil said:
I'm waiting for my little brother's friend to finish it. :rolleyes: That guy takes forever, lol. But yeah that's one I really want to get but haven't seen it show up at the local game store used yet. Some other games:
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/236674.asp
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/241955.asp

Also the guys that made Disgaea also made another great game but the name escapes me right now anyways that another one to pick up.

I'm interested in seeing how this one turns out

Yeah I've heard some great things about Disgaea, but I'm not sure if that type of game is for me. Something about the perspective doesn't do it for me.

Also Star Ocean 3 looks good, but I'm not too sure about the real time battle system

The battle system is actually one of the best things about the game. It may look like button mashing to most, but it requires a lot of strategy and timing; much more so than your typical Active Time Battle or Turn-Based Battle.

heatsinker said:
The battle system is actually one of the best things about the game. It may look like button mashing to most, but it requires a lot of strategy and timing; much more so than your typical Active Time Battle or Turn-Based Battle.

I'm not sure if I can come up with that strategy and timing without thinking :(

Seriously the only fast response games I'm pretty used to are PC first person shooters

Any of the Ratchet and Clank games are well worth the money. You can pick up the first one for $20 new. My daughter and I are looking forward to the third one coming out soon.

TheMostWantedPolishTwin said:
most recent good ones I played:

SW: Battlefront
Shellshock: Nam '67

I was thinking of getting Battlefront for PC, since I dont have a BBA for PS2

The new Nippon Ichi game is Phantom Brave. I have it, but I'm far too busy playing Monster Hunter to try it.

I'm disappointed with Star Ocean 3. It looks & sounds great, but it's just not fun to play. The previous game, SO2, stomps all kinds of ass.

Circuitbreaker8 said:
Xbox

<.<

>.>

Or wait for MGS 3 and GT4, only reason why ps2 is still here :D

and kingdom hearts 2 (first kindom hearts qualifies on my best games of all time lists)

Definitely Prince of Persia. It's an incredible game, and you can probably get it pretty cheap used because the new one is coming out real soon.

The other game by the makers of Disgaea is La Prucelle Tactics(sp?). Good game. Very... interesting.

If you like big robots, I highly recommend the Armored Core series of games. It will provide you with many hours of big robot goodness.

Oh, and I can't beleive no one has mentioned side-scrolling shooters like R-Type Final (has a crapload of ships to unlock) and Gradius V (beautiful and mind bogglingly HARD). Two thumbs up in my book for those games.

ucanbfuzzy said:
The other game by the makers of Disgaea is La Prucelle Tactics(sp?). Good game. Very... interesting.

Their most recent game is Phantom Brave.

Burnout 2, more specifically, Crash mode in Burnout 2. It's the ultimate party game, providing you don't have any guests who have just been in a gnarly car accident. We had to kick people out of the house @ almost 2 in the morning after 5 hours of playing. You drink, you crash, you pass the controller to the next person. Pick it up @ your local game shop for $10-$15. It's a blast.

I'll wait for Burnout 3 (recently released) to come down to $19.99 before I get it but it looks pretty hot, too.

Luke

No one has mentioned the Guilty Gear games? For shame...Guilty Gear X and Guilty Gear XX are simply the best 2D fighters around.

I mentioned the GG series but it's buried in there somewhere, lol. THE BEST fighting games ever!

No mention of the Onimusha series? Very, very good games.

I'll second the DMC 1/2 nominations too.

I may have missed it being mentioned, but The Getaway is good.

I saw Tokyo Extreme Racer 0 was listed in the original post. Extreme Racer 3 is even better.

LOTR TTT and ROTK, even though they're hack and slash, still good fun.

I enjoyed both Spiderman 1 & 2.

SOCOM 1, never played 2, but heard it's good also.

MOH Frontline is awesome (may have been mentioned) MOH Pacific Assault is good also, just too short.

Heres my list of games I own and think are great...

Resident Evil: Outbreak
Metal Gear Solid 2
Silent Hill 2
Silent Hill 3
.Hack//sign Series
Virtual Fighter 4: Evolution
Gran Tursimo 3: A-spec
Tench: Wrath of Heaven
Soul Reaver 2
R-Type: Final
Drakan: The Ancient Gates
Castlevania: Lament of Innosence
Lord of The Rings: Two Towers
Lord of The Rings: Return of The King
Champion of Norrath
Final Fantasy X
Final Fantasy X-2
Katamari Damacy (Most Original Game EVER)
Demon Stone
Transformers
Timesplitters
Timesplitters 2
Medal of Honor: Frontline
Devil May Cry Series
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2 (Best of all the versions)
Need for Speed: Underground
X-Men Legends

Back