• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recommend me PC speaker setup

Cold Dark Shadow

[H]F Junkie
Joined
Mar 24, 2003
Messages
12,720
for the longest time now ive been using an old shelf stereo to run my comp audio thru but i think its time to actually get a comp speaker setup. Not sure what to look for tho
I listen to alot of music on my comp and do some gaming, Suggestions?
 
Get some cans! Headphones ftw! I'm just screwin around. (But cans are good if you lan enough. I'd also reccomend getting some decent cans if you go around with an mp3 players a lot)

What's your budget?
Kind of music?
 
I would go that route but i need be able to hear my phones and the door lol
dont really have a budget in mind but i want to try and keep it cheap if possible
Music wise, Metal
 
How much are you looking to spend? Maybe you could go for a set of bookshelf speakers instead...
 
wait for when the logitech z-5500's are on sale again. They are really great speakers. I just upgraded to some from older kilpsch pro-meidas.

about 3weeks ago they were $245 shipped from zipzoomfly

but what is your budget? there are some other good options for less money
 
I picked up a set of Z-5500's from Amazon for $219.99 shipped a couple weeks ago when i used a gift cert. They are a really nice set of 5.1 PC speakers. You wont do much better then them in that price range. If you're wanting to spend more though you can start looking into something a little more high-end like some bookshelves, sub, receiver, ect.
 
If you gonna spend 100 for 5.1 audio I would skip it and go for a nice set of headset, will sound much better, $100 speakers won't sound that great, neither will a $200 set, overall pc speakers are not great. Why don't you pick up either a headset or see if you can ebay an older used receiver for $100, and spend $100 on bookshelfs. I can see $220 on the logitech 5500 anything less than that pc speaker wise I don't recommend.
 
im using book shelf speakers and reciever right now and want to get away from that, would like to find something that will actually fit on my desk
 
Back
Top