Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.
Is there a requirement for offsite storage? If not (and even if so) you may want to consider a HDD-based backup. The cost of a tape system is still pretty expensive in comparison. By setting up a remote system that transfers data over the N/W at appropriate intervals you should be able to automate scripted backups...
I don't know. I've never had to create such a setup but I've always favored HDD-based backup systems over tape for the past few years primarily for cost and reliability reasons...I could be totally out of my mind and completely uninformed.
well technically its not considered backup, which is hard media
and there maybe provisions in the law regarding the level of backup required
of course depending on the business (most areent effected)
which might be why tape
the other consideration, just awhole lot more fragile
especially when mobile