Recommend me a new LGA775 motherboard

Pipo

Gawd
I thought I could squeeze another year out of my current rig by upgrading my cpu to a core duo e8400 but somehow, the socket pins in my Abit IP35E got hosed. I swear I didn't do anything wrong but 4 pins in one corner and one down the row got completely mashed up and deformed and the system won't post. :mad:

Can anyone recommend me a chipset or specific motherboard to pick up? I'm looking for something around $125-135ish. I haven't kept up with anything since the p35 chipset came out.

Also, whats the easiest way to recover my media files off the hard drive that got stranded with with my os and old drivers.

Your help is appreciated.

any of the asus P5Q series. I have the P5Q-E and I love it. The newer deluxe versions are nice and affordable too.

If anything, just stick with P45. Rock solid chipset.

I had a Gigabyte EP45-UD3P and really liked it. Good bang for the buck.

The Gigabyte EP45-UD3P seems like a nice board. I ended up going with the EP43-UD3L to save some money and it works well too, though not quite as many features (none I needed though) and supposedly not as good at OCing (only good to the 415-425ish FSB range I have heard).

With your budget I would probably just go with one of the P45 boards, just pick what features you like from ASUS or Gigabyte ;)

What is the best non-ASUS 775 socket mATX board?

Not going to overclock, just want stable platform, can be one graphics card, I want to put it in DA BOX when it comes out.

Once again I will say P45 board.I used a gigabyte P45 board and got a E8400 to 4.4ghz on air
I also used a asus p5Q board and got a Q9400 to 3.8ghz on air.

P45 is the way to go man.If your not gonna overclock tho just get some cheap board by gigabyte or asus and call it a day.You should be able to get a new board for around $50 or so from microcenter.
I just dont see why you have a E8400 and dont want to overclock it.Those chips scream man and overclocking is so damn easy to do and the gaming performance increase is great

What is the best non-ASUS 775 socket mATX board?

Not going to overclock, just want stable platform, can be one graphics card, I want to put it in DA BOX when it comes out.

For MicroATX... get the Gigabyte G41M-ES2L. It's a great board (from personal experience), handles my HTPC needs quite well and very easy to do a modest overclock of an E5200 (2.5 GHz Stock) to 3.33 GHz

OP, Gigabyte or Asus won't let you down. If you want absolute top of the line there's the Maximus II P45 board, or if you need XFire the Rampage Formula X48. I had the Maximus II before I moved to the Rampage II Extreme X58.

Back