• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recommend me a headset

spectra260

Limp Gawd
Joined
Mar 23, 2003
Messages
149
I just got a xps notebook and im looking to buy a decent headset for it for my games and music.

Im going to use EAX 3+ for my sound driver if that matters, I recently tryed the dsp 400's from plantronics and they were ok but would not let me use EAX.

I want a good headset with a good mic that will do good surround sound in games. I would like it if it was under $80 max. Do I want USB or analog?


So far the ones im looking at right now are these

Plantronics Audio 510
http://www.plantronics.com/north_america/en_US/products/cat640035/cat1430032/prod5500014

Sennheiser PC160
http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=286031

Icemat Siberias - they dont have mic attached but I hear they are really good.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16836508101


Are any of those good or do you recommend another? Thanks in advance
 
Do you really need a built in mic? You just cut the list substantially.

If you can go with a seperate mic, then for your pricerange I recommend the Sennheiser HD485, given that you want headphones for gaming and music.

It would help if you list what type of music you listen to.
 
well I could just bring my usb desktop mic I use on my main computer but I wanted to try to bring as little as possible with the notebook places.

If the headphones without mic are alot better for performence/price then yeah I'll use a seperate mic. I dont know much about headphones so let me know, all I know is I want good sound and be able to hear people actually shooting behind me like I do with my surround sound speaker setup on my main comp.

I listen to all types of music almost but mostly rap, I dont really need really good headphones for music though im more wondering what ones are best for gaming. Thanks again
 
I've been looking at headsets recently as well, and, my problem/question/thingy is this:

What is the point of getting a headset if the mic isn't attached? Like, It seems like the only good headset with mic attached are the sennheisers. If you want higher quality, it seems like you have to get headphones and then a mic. Which, it isn't a headset anymore. I'm very interested in the Icemats since they seem to have great quality at a good price. But, if the mic is detachable from the headset (to listen to an MP3 the marketing claims) why not get a good set of $200 head phone and then a good mic? OTHER then price. The fucunality is all the same. Or, why not just use your speakers and then a mic? The only issue with that is feadback from the sound system back into the mic.
 
Back
Top