recommend me a good router?

sasiko

n00b
i have 100 mbps internet speed and downlad and upload speed, and my 8 years old d-llink router is starting to die as it keep disconnecting me alot. Can anyone recommend me a good router and only thing is ii dont want any d-link product

Price range?

We also have a topic here that lists the different routers and specs in their respective price ranges.

I'm personally looking at either the Asus RT-N56U or Cisco E4200 for the routing performance. Are you torrenting? If you are then the concurrent connections are probably causing your disconnects.

Say what you want about Cisco/Linksys, but the fact their store offers a 90day return policy is quite nice.

live in sweden, my landlord just decided to install 100mbps fiber 3 years ago, but my price range is not limited right now but it should also be reasonable priced and not overpriced for no reason at all.

i checked 56 black diamond, but is the price justified? i want a good wireless internet too that doenst disconnect on me too often, watching 1080 videos through wireless
how is this asus router compared to neatgear WNDR3400?

Last edited:
Say what you want about Cisco/Linksys, but the fact their store offers a 90day return policy is quite nice.

I often do....I also said I recommend the brand, we've sold thousands of Stinksys products. I have nicknames for most computer hardware...Stinksys, Nutgear, D-Stink, Lenovo Stinkpad (That I'm typing from right now), Nutscrape Navigator, CrApple, etc.

Seriously..think about it, if I hated the product and truly was blasting it..would I still recommend it like I did? Huh?

I often do....I also said I recommend the brand, we've sold thousands of Stinksys products. I have nicknames for most computer hardware...Stinksys, Nutgear, D-Stink, Lenovo Stinkpad (That I'm typing from right now), Nutscrape Navigator, CrApple, etc.

Seriously..think about it, if I hated the product and truly was blasting it..would I still recommend it like I did? Huh?

Sure you might think of it as just a nickname, but I read it as if the other product was preferable. Personal humor/sarcasm often doesn't come across clearly on the internet.

LOL, with the painful humidity/heat recently I'd rather stay inside anyways :p

Back on topic: Performance has been good with both routers, though I think I prefer the 4200's web interface more.

I jet bought the Netgear 600, and so far so good. I did buy a linksys e3000, but it started dropping connections an hour after I bought it, and started ovheating and never did work right after that. In the process of returning it. I was very letdown, because my previous linksys was great. It was a wireless-g and I don't think I ever had any problems out of it the whole time I had it.

Wow..a tenacious spammer..usually they hit 'n run. Us peeps in America will be ordering product overseas..and paying that shipping charge? Nah!

Wow..a tenacious spammer..usually they hit 'n run. Us peeps in America will be ordering product overseas..and paying that shipping charge? Nah!

Strangely enough, that webstore isn't even listed under Ubiquiti's distributors/resellers listing.

It is quite suspicious when a user registers and posts the same link to a webstore claiming that it's a good product at a good price multiple times.

Back