Recommend me a decent htpc case?

Ragenrok

Supreme [H]ardness
Looking to build a htpc for my upstairs living room that would handle basic couch gaming and Plex/Kodi for media. I have all the components except a case and have no idea what's a good one to look at (last case I purchased was a half 932 lol).

Looking for something that's horizontal or atleast symmetrical and can fit a normal atx board, pay and full sized gpu.

I have the Silverstone GD09B, it's one of the smallest full ATX cases out there and with an mATX board I can fit a 240mm AIO. Keeps my TR cool and even in combined cpu/gpu loads the fans stay fairly low, so it's pretty quiet. Only issue is that if you run an optical drive and/or 2nd hdd in the tray below the optical drive, it limits your air cooler size. I had run a Noctua nh-9u previously to the AIO and it worked well but was quite a bit louder.

Here it is with the Noctua HSF.

I have the Silverstone GD09B, it's one of the smallest full ATX cases out there and with an mATX board I can fit a 240mm AIO. Keeps my TR cool and even in combined cpu/gpu loads the fans stay fairly low, so it's pretty quiet. Only issue is that if you run an optical drive and/or 2nd hdd in the tray below the optical drive, it limits your air cooler size. I had run a Noctua nh-9u previously to the AIO and it worked well but was quite a bit louder.

Here it is with the Noctua HSF.

Very nice.

Back