• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recommend me a decent htpc case?

Ragenrok

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
May 15, 2007
Messages
4,590
Looking to build a htpc for my upstairs living room that would handle basic couch gaming and Plex/Kodi for media. I have all the components except a case and have no idea what's a good one to look at (last case I purchased was a half 932 lol).

Looking for something that's horizontal or atleast symmetrical and can fit a normal atx board, pay and full sized gpu.
 
I have the Silverstone GD09B, it's one of the smallest full ATX cases out there and with an mATX board I can fit a 240mm AIO. Keeps my TR cool and even in combined cpu/gpu loads the fans stay fairly low, so it's pretty quiet. Only issue is that if you run an optical drive and/or 2nd hdd in the tray below the optical drive, it limits your air cooler size. I had run a Noctua nh-9u previously to the AIO and it worked well but was quite a bit louder.



Here it is with the Noctua HSF.

 
I have the Silverstone GD09B, it's one of the smallest full ATX cases out there and with an mATX board I can fit a 240mm AIO. Keeps my TR cool and even in combined cpu/gpu loads the fans stay fairly low, so it's pretty quiet. Only issue is that if you run an optical drive and/or 2nd hdd in the tray below the optical drive, it limits your air cooler size. I had run a Noctua nh-9u previously to the AIO and it worked well but was quite a bit louder.



Here it is with the Noctua HSF.


Very nice.
 
Back
Top