• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Recommend me a case?

Uncle Humjaba

Limp Gawd
Joined
May 6, 2006
Messages
440
Hey all

So I think it's about time I got a new case... My $40 rosewill has lasted me well since 2005 but it's getting pretty rickety.

So my basic requirements are good build quality, good cooling, quiet and minimal lighting. A window would be nice, but it doesn't really matter. $100 max, $75 preferred. Thanks

-Tyler
 
Coolermaster CM690-2 has best feature set for $70 price point.
 
Last edited:
There should be a sticky that has the most recommended cases per price bracket since we get an avalanche of these questions monthly.

Antec 300, Cooler Master 690 II, and Lancool K-62 basically dominate the $100 budget. Even the Lian-Li A05N is a nice quirky case if you're looking for a great aluminum case, but needs a bit of tending to in order to perform optimally.

Bunch more like the Xigmatek Utgard, Cooler Master Storm Scout, and Lancool K7B. All great cases. Take your pick.
 
Does the 300 have dust filters on all of that open space? My current case has no dust filter and it gets pretty nasty inside. A perforated front looks like it would be loud and would get dirty quick...
 
I decided on the cooler master 690 II $70 on newegg.

Couple people recommended it to me and I stopped by microcenter today to look at it. Has everything I want.

I'm sure more expensive cases have more features and are better cases, but for $70 which was the top end of my limit for a new case really, this fit my needs perfectly.
 
I went with the cooler master scout on one of my builds and have been really pleased with it. Has plenty of room and nice airflow, its quite and looks nice. If you look around you can find it for ~ $60-70, possibly after a rebate (i picked mine up for $54 AMIR).
 
Last edited:
I just ordered the antec 300 with a couple extra 120mm fans. Hard to beat $60 - $7 instant - $10 MIR for a brand name, quality case.
 
Back
Top