• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recommend me a 19" CRT

Converge

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Mar 4, 2005
Messages
1,254
I want a new 19" monitor. For gaming/movies mostly. I've heard that LaCie monitors are basically the best CRT's you can buy. Their 19" is pretty pricy at $350 or something. Recommend me some monitors to look at..
 
sony hmd-a400! i had one until i tried to paint it... flat screen, beautiful design. they don't sell it anymore on sony. try finding one on ubid or ebay, or pricegrabber.com. maybe pricewatch.com.
 
Mitsubishi DP930SB, if you can find one. They are the best 19" CRTs IMO.
 
andré2005 said:
i remember readiing about this aoc, bad bad bad montor.
yea well ive had it for 2.5 years and its been great...show me where you read somthing bad about it :rolleyes:
 
cell_491 said:
yea well ive had it for 2.5 years and its been great...show me where you read somthing bad about it :rolleyes:

old old old, technology on aoc. i can't remember where. this was the time i was thinking about buying my first 19" monitor. for crts trinatron or diamondtron are the best there are.
 
I would reccomend an NEC FE991SB (-BK if you want black)

simply amazing monitor.

Max res of 1792x1344 (Most people don't use this but I do)
It also has a feature called super bright where it turns up the gamma during games so you can see easier :).
 
Mitsubishi 930sb.


The best 19" ever made.


but you wont find one,
 
no you didnt, maybe the spectraview.

but if you spend $700 on it you are crazy.









Please show me a link of a reputable dealer that has the item.

Becasue when i search on pricewatch, they dont even have any.
 
yeah , but it may not be the ebst idea to buy a monitor on ebay.

what if it comes broken.

you have to pay $50 to send it back.

then you are out $100 for shipping becasue the seller is not going to refund shipping.
 
I'm currently using a 19" KDS Avitron 19 AV-195TF. It uses a Sony Trinitron aperture grill tube, which is one of the best Flat-screen CRTs made.

I'm looking to buy an LCD soon, though, on account of the monitor taking up too much space and generating a lot of heat in my small room, so if you might be interested, PM me. I'd rather sell it directly to someone than let try to sell it on ebay or something. If I don't sell it, it's probably just going to end up laying somewhere, unused which I'd like to avoid if possible.

Here are the specs: KDS Avitron AV-195TF

After this line of monitors, KDS switched from flat aperture-grill Sony internals to less-expensive and lower-quality shadow-mask CRTs, so these are probably better than the ones they carry even now.
 
Data said:
no you didnt, maybe the spectraview.

but if you spend $700 on it you are crazy.









Please show me a link of a reputable dealer that has the item.

Becasue when i search on pricewatch, they dont even have any.

And i wouldnt pay $700, I though it was $350...and it is, seems to be two versions though.


I meant to say froogle..

http://www.topmicrousa.com/930sb-bk-sv.html
http://www.topmicrousa.com/dp930sb-bk.html

So whats the difference between those two that makes a $400 gap?

another

http://www.buy-big-monitor.com/Mitsubishidiamondpro930sbdisplaycrt19.html

They could be out of stock, i dont know. I dont think they say on the pages.
 
The $400 gap is the spectraview.

It blacoks the light from the monitor, so it shows perfect colors.

mostly for digital articitic purposes.



up to you thogh.



try some monitors at

azatek.com


the Grade-A monitors are great and relaly cheap.
 
Converge said:
And i wouldnt pay $700, I though it was $350...and it is, seems to be two versions though.


I meant to say froogle..

http://www.topmicrousa.com/930sb-bk-sv.html
http://www.topmicrousa.com/dp930sb-bk.html

So whats the difference between those two that makes a $400 gap?

another

http://www.buy-big-monitor.com/Mitsubishidiamondpro930sbdisplaycrt19.html

They could be out of stock, i dont know. I dont think they say on the pages.

I believe what adds that 400 is that SpectraView add on, but I could be wrong. If you really want an actual 930sb, go for the ones on ebay. About a year and half ago, I bought a monitor on ebay shipped via UPS and had no problems with it.
 
That Viewsonic is the absolute worst,.


I have owed 2 of them when looking for a 2nd crt for my brother,

Horrible image quality and its grainy.


Horrible looking desktop especially.



I dont recommend any viewsonic crt's
 
andré2005 said:
old old old, technology on aoc. i can't remember where. this was the time i was thinking about buying my first 19" monitor. for crts trinatron or diamondtron are the best there are.
dont speak unless you can prove your derogatory statements :rolleyes:
 
The lacie runs lower resolutions, The 930sb will run 2200 xwhatever

the lacie will run 1920
 
The 930 would match my setup better too. Are you aware of any drawbacks that go with the 930? Ever heard of anyone having problems with it? Just curious.
 
search on it,

search for 930sb and you will find out everything.

Its a great monitor, i love it and if I could I would buy a 2nd.
 
Converge said:
Cell dont worry, im not going to buy a used monitor anyways.

Ive narrowed it down to the D30sb (if i can actually get one) or the Lacie 19". The lacie basically has the same specs as the D30sb. Its right here >

http://www.lacie.com/products/product.htm?pid=10121 (Yes the hood comes off, its to reduce glare)
that wasnt the point...the point was hes dissing a perfectly good product with absolutely no proof.
 
Sony G410R, Thats what I'm using very happy with it..

.24 dot pitch
Digital Multiscan technology supports resolutions up to 1,800 x 1,440

Have mine @ 1024x768 @ 100hz

;)
 
I also agree with the Mit 930sb. I got mine from Dell a few years back when i used a bunch of stackable coupons to get it around 45% off with free shipping. The only drawback is it has a large footprint so make sure you have the desktop space for it. I would also advice you not to laugh at your buddies lcd monitor when you compare its image to that of your 930sb.
 
Back
Top