• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recommend KVM for 2560x1600?

NetTechie

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jan 10, 2014
Messages
251
I've used Belkin KVM's before, for low (vga) resolution stuff. However, I have 30 inch monitors now on two different desk setups. I purchased a IOGear KVM and it's having issues, the monitor keeps cycling on and off when the computer turns off the screen on the computer. It also cycles like this if the computer is turned off. The monitor is not the problem, disconnect the KVM and hook it in directly to the computer it sleeps like it should (power light goes to standby blinking). I might add it does this if nothing is connected to the KVM except the monitor, and the power to the KVM unit. Pull the power on the KVM and off goes the monitor like it should. I don't think it had the problem when I got it, about a year or so ago. Bottom line, the IOGear is not working right. I paid around $200 for this one, expensive gadget to buy - and to have fail. It has a 3 year warranty so we'll see how that goes.

I'm now in a situation I need KVM's for both my 30 inch screen desk setups, and I need to get one that is a 4 port. Big problem is... are all of them junk in one way or another? Or did I get a bad one? I mean they are not cheap.

Is there a brand of KVM that is considered the best?
 
Last edited:
Well, I don't know what to do, hope they replace it with a working one. I'm going to order another 4 port IOGear as they seem to be the only ones with decent reviews.
 
Back
Top