Recommend free linux web based backup system

Red Squirrel

[H]F Junkie
Currently I use rsync scripts to backup various parts of my server, offsite websites, my home PC etc... it's kinda dirty, and there's just no consistency as every script is written a different way. I was thinking of writing my own web based front end that basically generates the scripts and lets me do some granular backups, set retention and so on, but then I got thinking, there must be something out there already made, and free.

I want to be able to setup jobs, and make them run at a specific date/time, and frequency, and also set different retention periods so for example one job might be to backup the /home and /data folders, and I want this to run once a day, and I want to be able to go back 7 days, then also go back 4 months, and maybe 1 year (grandfather, father, son, type deal). But another job maybe I just want a mirror etc... need to be rather flexible. The destination can be a folder on that system, removable storage, or another offsite server. Same with the source,it may be another server, so I'd want it to use ssh key pair to authenticate.

Anything out there already made that can do all this? Currently I do it manually with scripts, just looking for something with a nice web front end.

Webmin has a filesystem backup module. Not really great though.

Rsnapshot is what I am setting up now. Very slick. No web interface, but the config is easy to understand.

Back