Recommend cheapest solid PSU ~300W

ekuest

Supreme [H]ardness
hey guys, i need a recommendation for the cheapest PSU i can get shipped to hawaii that will support this rig. it will not be expanded except maybe another HDD. a PSU calculator gave me 218W min, 267W recommended. the CPU is an E6750 and the GPU is a 9600GSO. i can buy from amazon for free shipping and no tax, so something available there would probably be best. also [H] sponsored links to there. :)

I would recommend this one: Antec Basiq 350W

Its cheap and fairly robust, I actually folded on GTS 450 SLI (using molex adapters) and an i5-750 on this PSU pulling over 450W from the wall for weeks straight and it never gave me an issue.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
i was actually just looking at that one on the egg. i sorted 300-350W and by best rating and that was the first one that looked decent. for $30 shipped i'll go with that one unless anyone has any better recommendations. also checking for one in FS/FT. :)

found an fsp blue storm ii 400W for $20 shipped in FS/FT. cant really beat that price point. even if its not a great psu, its still leagues ahead of this old piece of junk.

well apparently i cant close this thread so i'll just let it die. thanks for the help guys!

Back