Recommend an external hdd enclosure!

IceWeasel

[H]ard|Gawd
I just bought a Dell 600m laptop today, and I only got a 30 gb hdd in it... however, i'm buying a 200gb seagate drive to use externally, so I'm in search of a good external enclosure for it (USB 2.0).. i looked around at newegg but the AMS Venus one (that looks to be pretty nice with an 80mm fan) was sold out.

any recommendations towards a enclosure that performs well and supports over 200gbs would be nice! thanks :D

also, has anyone had good luck with directron.com?? they have the AMS venus in stock...

I have a Bytecc USB 2.0 enclosure I'm using with a 250 gig drive. It works great! I've had it for a while now so the link below is a newer version than the one I have. The only difference I can tell is mine only has the HD actvity light and no power light.

It's gonna be real hard to beat for the price: Bytecc ME-350U2

anyone know if you can buy the "Icy Box" anywhere in the United States, it looks like a very badass enclosure

Icy-Box Review

^^ That review still doesn't show it off in all its glory... It has LEDs in it that emit a blue glow! It would look so awesome in the dark or at night... and they serve as activity lights too, so you get a flashing lightshow :D

just search google for "icy box IB-350" and you'll see review about it... but no one sells it in the US, only in the UK....

:mad:

Recently picked up a Bytecc M740 USB 2/Firewire. Happy with it so far.

I'm looking for a hdd enclosure that is small and fanless. Any ideas? I'm about to buy the Vantec Nexstar. I really want something quiet :p.

Back