Recommend a videoCard for 2405FPW+2005FPW

ymee

Weaksauce
I have a Dell 2405FPW and a Dell 2005FPW, could someone recommend a decent video card with dual dvi that will drive these guys at max resolution simultaneously? I currently have a Radeon 9800Pro with DVI and VGA connectors and want to shift to DVI only outputs. Im not much of a gamer so I dont need the latest and greatest $500 video card, someting less than 300 would be good.
Thanks

i just got a 6600gt to drive mine and it works wonders (160 dollars with rebate) so thats always an option. I hear word that the ati side "looks better" but i dont know how true that is...

do you drive one or two monitors? I heard the ATI x800xl is decent but im having a hell of a time finding an AGP version with dual dvi outputs

subrandom said:
i just got a 6600gt to drive mine and it works wonders (160 dollars with rebate) so thats always an option. I hear word that the ati side "looks better" but i dont know how true that is...

i have the xfx 6600gt which has two dvi outputs... however i just realized i didnt read your post right :p so i'm not sure how well it handles two monitors, at least not yet. I dont see why it would be too big a problem.

I concur with the above posters. An XFX GeForce 6600GT is on its way to my house too... which will drive my 2405FPW. It's a good deal right now (especially with the new & improve HSF) and one of the only GPU's with dual DVI in that price range. It has dual 400 MHz RAMDAC's, which is more than enough to drive your current LCD setup. :)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814150080

apparently it was origionally supposed to ship with Dual link dvi which would have been all the more sweet... but they canned that idea long ago...

also the new ones come clocked 500/1000 cause of the new cooling unit.

I would assume there are dual monitor reviews for that card somewhere out on the interweb.

Back