Hi,
I need a RAID 5 card for my pc,
The idea is to hook up 4 1TB drives to it.
I've done some searching around and what I found are the following...
Highpoint RocketRaid 2310
http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/ProductInfo.asp?WebProductID=368154
Promise FastTrak TX4310
http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=317485&view=detailed#ProductTabs
AMCC 3Ware 9650SE-4LPML
http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/ProductInfo.asp?WebProductID=673486
Adaptec RAID 3405
http://www.elara.ie/products/detailsfullat.asp?productcode=ECE1347102#spec
Promise SuperTrak EX4350
http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=329007
LSI MegaRAID 8308ELP
http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/ProductInfo.asp?WebProductID=554484
The first two, are pretty basic I think, probably the same thing you find on motherboards today.
The last is 8 port card, which I don't really need but it's not that expansive.
So far the most appealing card to be looks to be AMCC 3Ware 9650SE-4LPML, I read some reviews about it on newegg and people seem to like it.
There are experts much better than I am on this forum, so if you don't mind sharing your opinion please...
I need a RAID 5 card for my pc,
The idea is to hook up 4 1TB drives to it.
I've done some searching around and what I found are the following...
Highpoint RocketRaid 2310
http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/ProductInfo.asp?WebProductID=368154
Promise FastTrak TX4310
http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=317485&view=detailed#ProductTabs
AMCC 3Ware 9650SE-4LPML
http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/ProductInfo.asp?WebProductID=673486
Adaptec RAID 3405
http://www.elara.ie/products/detailsfullat.asp?productcode=ECE1347102#spec
Promise SuperTrak EX4350
http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=329007
LSI MegaRAID 8308ELP
http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/ProductInfo.asp?WebProductID=554484
The first two, are pretty basic I think, probably the same thing you find on motherboards today.
The last is 8 port card, which I don't really need but it's not that expansive.
So far the most appealing card to be looks to be AMCC 3Ware 9650SE-4LPML, I read some reviews about it on newegg and people seem to like it.
There are experts much better than I am on this forum, so if you don't mind sharing your opinion please...