Recommend a mousepad

Sufu

[H]ard|Gawd
I have a logitech mx revolution I bought a few years ago, and a Ratpadz XT mousepad. I absolutley hate this mousepad, half the time the mouse slides off and falls to the floor, and the other half of the time my mouse has problems tracking the surface of it.

I don't play any FPS, mostly stick to RPGs. I am not a hardcore gamer as I used to be, and I do alot of work on my home PC (mostly programming in C++ and Python).

I basically want a mousepad that won't make me have to chase my mouse before it falls off because it's too slippery, and provides good precise tracking surface. Money is not really a concern, though I'd have to say I'd like to limit it under $100.

I was looking at some roccat pads (http://www.roccat.org/Products/Gaming-Mousepads/ROCCAT-Sota), but I have no idea if they are good.

I've tried a few metal and plastic mousemats. They are all slippery and annoying. You should consider switching to cloth. Some options:

QPAD CT
QCK Heavy
Razer Goliathus (Speed or Control)
Allsop raindrop (highly rated and dirt cheap)

I'd been using a ratpadz for a few years until last year. I got a Razer Mamba and I found it the ratpadz was too slick with it, and like the OP, I had issues with it staying on the pad. So I went looking for something a little less slick.

Well of all places, I picked up the aluminum based pad that Best Buy sells under the Rocketfish (or whatever it is) brand. It turned out perfect. Not too slick, a lot thinner than the ratpadz, and the red metal trim around the edges looks cool. So if you like the idea of going to a store to take a look at it and having (hopefully) a local drive back if you decide you don't like it, I'd suggest looking at one of those.

I switched back to a basic cloth mousepad (SteelSeries QCK mini) after years of using plastic, and the tracking/friction is much better, with the additional benefit of less wear on the mouse feet. The pad is still in great condition after almost 2 years of use.

I clean the dust off every couple of months by using a roll of masking tape like a lint roller.

I would highly recommend you try a cheap cloth pad before experimenting with expensive, specialized surfaces.

The QCK mini comes in a rolled-up package and takes a little time to become perfectly flat.

I have used the fUnc F-Series pad for many years and really like these pads. They are low profile and are not too slick. I use the F-30 which has a medium texured surface.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure if they still make them. The website has not had their online store open for a long time and newegg does't seem to stock them anymore. I see them available at a few obscure sites.

Anyway, I recommend exploring the fUnc Pads during your decision process.

I have used the fUnc F-Series pad for many years and really like these pads. They are low profile and are not too slick. I use the F-30 which has a medium texured surface.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure if they still make them. The website has not had their online store open for a long time and newegg does't seem to stock them anymore. I see them available at a few obscure sites.

Anyway, I recommend exploring the fUnc Pads during your decision process.

Performance-PCs is a great store. ;)

Used a RatPad for years. Just got the QcK recently to change things up a bit. It works well on my Mx1000. Not as slick, but has enough friction for graphic design/CAD work.

I love it since its thin and a bit bigger than a RatPadz. No complaints, except that it take a while to get the ripples out from being rolled.

I am gonna go with steelseries QcK Mouse Pad from newegg and see how that goes. Thanks for everyones input on this.

hrm, guess that auto-ad linky thing that Kyle implemented does not want to work with my selection =/

I swear by the WOW!Pads. These things are awesome!

This is my current pad of choice...

WOW!Pad LFR48

51VVARR084L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
if you have the desktop space get the Razer Goliath. I've had mine for about 6 months now and it still looks new, get the precision one instead of the speed one.

The mice surfaces I use...

A typical desk mat from an office store @ home.
A Fry's Super Mat version of the Fatal1ty Fat pad.
A Func F-Series lan workhorse.
A Func 1030 (autographed by one of the founders) for lans for important situations.

mouse_pads_01.jpg

mouse_pads_02.jpg

mouse_pads_03.jpg

mouse_pads_05.jpg

mouse_pads_06.jpg

mouse_pads_07.jpg

mouse_pads_08.jpg

All highly recommended, all highly durable and all highly gamer friendly.

i have a steelseries 5L and a razer exactmat, i like 5L better cuz its huge lol

I like the soft surface XTrac pads. I just recently ordered the Fat Mat, waiting on arrival. Thinking about purchasing a Ripper XXL (3ft long) so that I can put my new mechanical keyboard on top of it to dampen noise.

If you're looking for a cloth pad, I've owned and used qck's, qpads, goliathus' and the best pad I've ever used is the PureTrak talent. It's the largest of the bunch and it's so smoooth.

I never caught the fancy mouse pad bug, so I used a free max payne mouse pad for 8 years. Recently put a hole in the cloth though, and replaced it with a Qck. So far so good. Although I've never run into a surface my IME3.0 really didn't like, the extra size is nice at least.

I'm using an MX Revolution with a Razer exactmat, I'm sticking with this thing for life.

My SteelSeries 5L has been rocking me for 5 years and I still have no plan replacing it anytime soon.

I just got a steelseries SX a couple of weeks ago, after my five year old func surface1030 got incredibly filthy and I couldn't find anyone else selling one.

The steelseries SX is pretty stupid expensive for a freaking mousepad, but it is so choice. It's an absolutely flat aluminum surface. I'm pretty happy with it.

Yeah steelseries SX is not worth it imo

My recommendations would be

Steelseries 5L
Razer Goliathus Standard
Qck+

Back