Recommend a modular, lasting PSU

Vaporz

n00b
Joined
Jun 8, 2004
Messages
50
It seems my Fortron/Source Epsilon 600W died last night and took the power to my apartment with it. I have no idea if it took the rest of my system with it to the grave. No smoke, no smell, no lightning show, just no lights on the mobo or any sign of life.

Built this system spring 2007, but mobo and GPU are newer replacements
Asus P5Q-E
Intel C2D E6400 (sometimes slightly OCed, stock cooler)
4x Corsair TWIN2X 6400 DDR2 1GB
Nvidia GTS 250
Audio, network cards
4x SATA HDDs
DVD-RW
Random USB stuff

I'm likely going to build a new system later in the year, so I need something I can use for that system as well. And modular, because these cables are such a gigantic mess.

I see a lot of recommendations for the Corsair HX 650W, but is that going to be enough for whatever is high-end around fall? Not going for multiple GPUs or anything, but still. I want a good and healthy margin. I know it's not all about the watts, but I have no idea how to figure out amps beyond what reviews and recommendations tell me.
 
You could get an HX750 and it would be more than enough for your system + a new high end gpu. My 850 runs 2 x 285 GTX and an i7 930 @ 4.0, 3 hard drives, 2 DVD+-RW, Fan controller, and 12GB RAM. You should be fine with that one.
 
Seasonic X-750 This has my vote. This is whats going into my new FT-02 (I7 Build) next week. I've already purchased it and you will not be dissappointed.

- Fully Modular
- 80+ Gold Certified
- So efficient the fan doesn't even need to spin
- Carrying bag for all of your extra cables
 
The Seasonic X-650 and X-750 are the best PSUs money can buy right now. If the price doesn't rub you the wrong way, that would be the way to go.
 
Seasonic doesn't even seem to be sold here in Norway, but I'll go order the HX750. Seems awesome. Thanks!
 
Back
Top