• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

recommend a mATX core2duo mobo?

kingdomwinds

Limp Gawd
Joined
Aug 17, 2005
Messages
406
I am going to Korea this summer and I need to rebuild my pc into a SFF so i can bring it on board the airplane. Is there a non OC mobo that is stable/reliable that supports Vista and quadcore? I noticed that some mATX have trouble with Vista installation and I want one that will have no issues.
 
if you dont care about overclocking then the Gigabyte board is very solid
 
The ASUS P5LD2-VM is another stable one when not OCing.
 
ASUS is a good name for reliability. I believe the top end ASUS as of now is the P5B-VM DO. I have this and it is stable under Vista, but I did have to upgrade the BIOS past version 0505 due to video card config issues. But hopefully new boards already have the new BIOS. Some dislike this board because it doesn't overclock, but like you I am not an OC'er so I like it.
 
Back
Top