Recommend a good IT backpack

Bird222

[H]ard|Gawd
2FA
Joined
Dec 1, 2000
Messages
1,435
I'm looking for a good backpack that can carry a full size 15.6" laptop and common items an IT pro would need. What does the hive say?
 
I've been through a lot of bags over the years but the only brands I continue to use are Yukon, Maxpedition, Vertx, and Ogio, in that order.

Also I largely prefer slings if I'm taking it off or accessing it a lot. Slings are tits.
 
Anybody have any personal experiences they want to disclose? Particularly about the North Face brand or Aer.
 
I've been using the North face brand of backpacks for travel and daily use for 35+ years.

I have a Router Transit (cant buy anymore afaik) that has been all over the world with me for the last few years and still in good shape.

I carry my laptop(sig), and lots of other camera gear, electronics with me.
 
I've been using the same Samsonite since 2012, though granted it hasn't seen full time duty for all of those years. In a way it's really just gotten ~6 years of real use by my calculations - driving to work and occasional air travel don't count. Walking a half mile to the train to go to work does. It's got a bit under 4 years of doing that every day on it, plus 3 years of 2 days a week, so about 6 total.

Really you just need something that doesn't suck. Pretty sure that Samsonite was a bit under $100 back in 2012. It's like anything else apparel, accessories or luggage. The cheapest is shit and the expensive ones are waste of $ designer bling-bling.
 
Back
Top