recommend a fan controller

balance101

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
411
-looking for a fan controller have a lian li A77 black finish, so black aluminium fan controller please

-have three 120mm intake, gonna install a H100 soon so four 120m and a 120mm exhaust, my future build (haswell?) is gonna be water cool so, will have quad rad 480 and a 280 rad.

-a controller that will be bit future proof as well

-fans I have atm SCYTHE S-FLEX 1600RPM

what I found might work: ( I live in Canada so its kind of hard to get lots of options)

-lamptron FC5v2 or FC6 (fc6 is 10 dollar cheaper) 20w/30w per channel

-Scythe Kaze Master Ace 12 w perchannel

-zalman cheapest but read on newegg quality issues?

thanks guys :D
 
Big thumbs up for the lamptron FC5v2. I've had one for a couple years now and it's been solid.
 
Is lamptron 5v2 worth 10 dollars more than fc6?

Their lcd should be the same quality?
 
Since you are using the S-Flex, they have really low power consumption. You may want to wire them up
to a single fan port on your m/b and just use speed fan.

That being said... lamptron is a great option if you want the bling, and don't want to spend a ton of money.
Then there is always crazy options from aquacomputer and innovatek.
 
Since you are using the S-Flex, they have really low power consumption. You may want to wire them up
to a single fan port on your m/b and just use speed fan.

That being said... lamptron is a great option if you want the bling, and don't want to spend a ton of money.
Then there is always crazy options from aquacomputer and innovatek.

All on a single header likely won't work depending on exactly the number of fans. I believe each of those fans pulls 3W on startup versus with 1W spinning wattage...so a header that only puts out 1A @12V could only handle at most 4 of them.
 
get whichever you think looks better? if you don't need the extra wattage then that's all it comes down to.
 
All on a single header likely won't work depending on exactly the number of fans. I believe each of those fans pulls 3W on startup versus with 1W spinning wattage...so a header that only puts out 1A @12V could only handle at most 4 of them.

When I was using S-flex (E), I ran 6 off of a single header on my p5q-e.
Although maybe current board aren't so generous when it comes to powering fans, I have since switched to an Aquaero 4.0, and probably the 5xt sooner rather than later.
B/c I wanted to link my fan speed to water temps, and not cpu temps.
 
Back
Top