Recommend a CPU block for 1/4" tubing please!

MiG29TangentBoy

Limp Gawd
My current cpu block has cracked (Thermaltake 208 CL-W0010), and I am not sure about the feasibility of repairing it, so I'd rather get a new one. Any other decent ones out there that are fitted for 1/4" tubes? Thanks in advance for looking! :D

Pricerange?

The new Alphacool CPU block is really nice. As is the Aqua Computer Cuplex pro and XT.

and no, please don't turn this into a " just get 3/8" tubing for the entire thing" thread.

But let's not jump the gun and start recommending blocks based on tubing size. Let's find out what else is the loop...I have a hunch that it's a Bigwater system....And with that pump, I don't think it can handle anything with more resistance than the block it came with.

Damn, you're good. It is a BigWater system. *sigh*
I just don't want to have to redo my entire setup for this one damned block. Between an RMA'd Enermax PSU, RMA'd Crucial Ballistix memory kit (yes, the famous die-real-quick ones...), and a lengthy time installing (cramming) this setup into an Aspire X-Qpack...I've had my "birthday-present-to-self" project aggravate me for two months now. If it weren't for the sweetness of playing F.E.A.R. on the 7800GT this thing has, it would be out the window. :eek:
I just see a very small list of compatible blocks for this deal...and I don't want to get the same block, due to the cracking I now see in these according to other stories on Ye Olde Google.
Perhaps this will do the job?
Koolance CPU-300-H06
I dunno. Air is looking good about now. :(
As far as price, $75 is about my limit. I'm running an Opteron 165 now, so I don't expect super insane temps...Zalman makes killer heatsinks that won't break my budget and will fit in my tiny case. I just hate the idea of dismantling a WC setup for lack of a block.

Sorry pal, I was in a similar predicament. The pump that comes with the bigwater is complete shit and will typically die within 3 months of initial install. That, coupled with the cracking blocks drove me to buy a completely new system.
CSP-MAG pump ~$50
Maze 4 ~$40
Fillport ~$13
Tubing ~$17
Clamps ~$10
double size Radiator ~$35
Total: $165
Bigwater: $150
For fifteen measly bucks you're gonna take a huge performance hit and have a system that breaks down in three months? Please.
Get a refund for the bigwater if you can, 'cause it's not worth it to keep it around.

sonnybobiche is right in his assessment of those (little)Water systems, but if you want to stay with it, I have a Koolance block as you described and they've been known to hold up well. LMK, and good luck birthday boy.

If your looking for a quick fix for your bigwater that Koolance block would probably work pretty well. Compared to the micropin channel design that is popular on many of the other blocks the Koolance design should be a lot more free flowing. Another choice would be many of the Innovatek blocks, however they would be more expensive and when paired with the Bigwater probably wouldn't improve performance much, as the CPU block is likely the least limiting factor.

Well, the Bigwater kit I had in my previous setup for at least 8 months...it's done a good job for me until now. Also, I got a killer deal on it, I paid like $90 or something new. I'll probably continue to replace it bit by bit, starting with the block (already replaced the lines with Innovatek blue uv tubing). Now to look at pumps, if it's as high quality as the block.

Back