• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recommend a cheap AGP card

Metaluna

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jan 23, 2008
Messages
393
I'm helping out a friend whose mom has an old PC that is showing symptoms that look like a dying video card. I'm trying to find a good cheap AGP card to try. Something in the $20-30 range sounds about right.

Looking on eBay, I see a lot of Radeon 9550 and Geforce FX 5500s in that price range that appear to be new old stock, but I don't remember anything about these old architectures. I just want something reliable that still has drivers available (I think she has WinXP). If anyone has any comments or suggestions, I would appreciate it.
 
For basic video output those should work fine. We still sell FX5200s at my work. They can't game by any means but are a decent cheap choice to get a pc displaying video again.
 
I have these 4 sale actually
PNY GeForce 4 TI 4600 128 mb limited edition used with aftermarket fan. AGP 2\4x
3dfx Voodoo 5 5500 AGP used (as is no cd) 32 mb
Apogee Nvidia 6800 GT 256 mb AGP used
name your price
 
Check the freebies section on FS/FT. Someone has an AGP card to give I'm sure.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top