Recommend a CF card

unhappy_mage

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - October 2005
I'm looking to put a CF drive in my new laptop, and would like recommendations on which one to get. I don't care much for capacity - I plan to get a large secondary card for my home directory and so forth - but speed is my primary objective. 1 or 2 GB would be plenty, but if a 4GB card is faster I wouldn't be opposed to spending the extra money.

Anyone have a suggestion?

Thanks for the suggestions. Unfortunately, PayPal has seen fit to set my sending limit to zero dollars, so this project is on hold until I can get that straightened out.

"Within 2-3 days", my foot.

and the sandisk extreme ducati edition is faster than 4 (IV) ;)

Somebody (best buy/ circuit city) has had extreme 3 on sale recently for a couple weeks, i dont remember which though.

I've had good luck with the ultra2 sandisk in my cameras.

Wow. $170 for 4 gigs? That's pretty expensive. The Extreme 3 series is more in my price range - $45 for 2 gigs at Newegg. Interesting that such a beast exists, though.

I think the Extreme cards are essentially raid-0 devices inside to get that kind of speed, but that shouldn't hurt read latency any, which is the most important factor for my application.

and the sandisk extreme ducati edition is faster than 4 (IV) ;)

Somebody (best buy/ circuit city) has had extreme 3 on sale recently for a couple weeks, i dont remember which though.

I've had good luck with the ultra2 sandisk in my cameras.

thanks for clarifying that...
It appears that they* are bringing new card to the table every week.

*they = Flash card manufacturers.

Back