• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recommend a 120mm fan

B2BigAl

2[H]4U
Joined
Mar 23, 2003
Messages
2,076
I just put together my new build and I need a couple more case fans. I have several panaflos and sanyo denkei's laying around, but they're way too loud and I don't feel like volt modding or messing with rheostats. I need a good 120mm x 25mm fan, that moves a lot of air, and is pretty quiet (~25 - 28db). I was looking at these two scythe's:

http://www.crazypc.com/products/kaze-jyuni-584690.html

and

http://www.crazypc.com/products/58472.html

I wouldn't mind having something to put on my Ultra 120 Extreme either. I'm running one of my Panaflo's on there right now, but it's huge and I have to undervolt the hell out of it to keep my sanity.
 
Yate loons

They're just as good as Scythes and Panaflos, but cost 2/3 less. I used to be a fan of low speed Panaflos until I discovered these... They're so cheap I just buy a whole bunch and keep the extras as backup.
 
They are pricy but I have 2 EB Papst fans that are rated for 67 cfm that you cannot here run.
 
I have both of those Sycthe fans and they are both good, very quiet. I also have an Ultra-Kaze that is noisier but pushes quite a bit more air through my Ultra-120.
 
I ended up going with these

SilentPC gave these a pretty stellar review, almost 70 CFM @ 24Db seems like a winner to me. I like the price on the Yate's too for the price, but they're rated at 33Db which is a bit too loud.
 
Back
Top