Recommend: 2 monitors

I'm looking for 2 monitors that total no more the $600 I currently have a rtx 2080 super. I would like large monitors. Thanks all! Brian

Not to be a thread crapper but how have you been here since 2006 and not know you need to give some decent details to get any kind of response?

Not to be a thread crapper but how have you been here since 2006 and not know you need to give some decent details to get any kind of response?

What more do you need to know to recommend a monitor? media well be web browsing an gaming, GPU its 2080 super. I cant think of anything else that would need to be known to make a recommendation? I said larger the better, that pretty much filler $300 a monitor....

I'd look at the various review sites and rtings.com. Find a set of monitors that are known to be very good, and then look for sales and/or used ones. Just me.

You can search hardforum for gaming monitors that people like. I think the reason people are hesitant to "recommend" is it can get pretty opinionated. I like Dell Ultrasharps (mine's old, 1920x1200 though, and I just have one), but mainly because they are very bright, and not because they do 1,004,422hz or something like that. At work I have dual 27" 1440p LG's, but they are thunderbolt 3 as my desktop is a Mac. Not the brightest, but still IPS (I like my 24" Ultrasharp better).

I don't have an expensive high end GPU. Maybe if I did, I'd spend a fortune getting the best monitors out there though. I only game lightly.

Anyway, I'm putting out my "crap" monitor response (as many in the gaming world would never recommend an Ultrasharp)... hoping it fosters more responses.

Hi DeathSmasher

I am also in the market for a new monitor. I'm looking at several new 240hz IPS screens and I'm also awaiting on others to be released before I decide.

Do you want 1080p or 1440p resolution? The higher resolution will be much better for your web browsing / reading and will go nicely for games with the 2080 super.

I'm only looking at IPS monitors as the newer IPS screens are very close to the fastest TN screens in terms of responsivness while offering better colours.

Maybe watch this video from Hardware Unboxed (Best Budget Monitors 2020: 1080p, 1440p and Ultrawide Picks)

Back