• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Recomendations on Home Theater System!

NUNCA

Weaksauce
Joined
Apr 19, 2004
Messages
103
I have a pet shop and want to put music in it of the rainforest, ocean, and things of that sort. I want 6 speakers and a pretty good bass sound(for the thunder). I think I need 6.1 surround system, and I also need a 5 cd disc changer. I'm willing to spend $400.

Any Recommendations?
 
are there even 5.1 recordings of these sounds?

If not, then just get any pro-logicII receiver and just go nuts.

Last time I checked on EBay you could get a Yamaha 6.1 setup just plug and go for about $550...so if you look around in the used stuff, you might get it for less.
like this kit: http://www.yamaha.com/yec/products/HTIB/HTIB_450_1.htm

BTW I bought the speakers form that setup alone, for $200 shipped off ebay...I should be getting them next week.
just the speakers: http://www.yamaha.com/yec/products/speakers/NSBP4500.htm

And here's the receiver from that setup: http://www.yamaha.com/yec/products/HTIB/HTR5740.htm

I bet if you go for the speaker set and receiver separate, you might be able to get both for about $400...if not just go to a lesser receiver. Those speakers should do nicely.


edit: forgot you needed a cd-changer....ok so scratch that and try for this receiver: http://www.yamaha.com/yec/products/HTIB/HTR5730.htm
and this changer: http://www.yamaha.com/yec/products/DVD_CD/CDC585.htm

You can check out other brands as well, I'm just a huge fan of their receivers/cd-changers, and their speakres are decent bang for the buck.
 
Go for a decent used stereo reciever. You should be able to find one fore $20-30 if you keep your eyes peeled at yard sales/pawn shops/cragslist.org. Spend about the same on the speakers. Use the A+B speakers to give you 4 broadcast points.

Spend the rest on the sub. If you want a sub that can fill a space that is a big as I imagine a pet shop could be, it'll take some doing. If you are willing, a DIY sonotube job can be cheap and efficient. Use the tape line output into the sub, and dial in a decent crossover point (80-100).
 
Back
Top